RB-75's...

jdm56

I agree with my b-board buddies here, compared with many competitor's large "bookshelf" (I prefer the phrase "stand mounted") speakers these are a holy cow bargain. go hear them against in a dealer against some B&W, Dynaudio, Totem, JMLab, etc. and see what back for the buck Klipsch is offering in those speakers! about the only speakers out there that might be equal bang for buck-wise might be the Triangle Titus ES speakers from the new Esprit line, I would like to hear those soon. regards, tony

My brother in law took his sister in law to the area Klipsch dealer to buy RB-75's and an RC-7 to get her HT started. I told her that if the deal was better to go with three RC-7's instead. Well they did not budge on the RB-75's but they offered her the RF-7's for $1100 and the RC-7 for $400 so she took the 7's in lieu of the 75's can't say that I blame her.

At that price you should get the RF-7's to replace the Khorns and add a subwoofer to them, then you will have the BASS that you desire for sure!

Just a thought!

My brother in law took his sister in law to the area Klipsch dealer to buy RB-75's and an RC-7 to get her HT started. I told her that if the deal was better to go with three RC-7's instead. Well they did not budge on the RB-75's but they offered her the RF-7's for $1100 and the RC-7 for $400 so she took the 7's in lieu of the 75's can't say that I blame her.

+++++++++++++++++++++

DArn good price

I would buy them for that

Compare the RB-75 at $600 to the RB-35 at $300. They are almost the exact same size (the RB75 cabinet is about an inch bigger in all dimensions). They both have 8" woofers, but I don't know if they are identical. The only obvious difference is the tweeter and horn. Still seems like a lot more money for not that much more speaker. Of course, I've not heard them yet, either.9.gif

Another comparison , RB-75's at $1200 per pair, plus the price of the stands and a sub, or a pair of Polk RTi-12's for $1400 that need neither one. The Polks stand 50" tall, weigh 90 lbs, and use a 1" dome tweeter, two 5 1/4" mids and three 7" woofers. I haven't heard the Polks, either. They may suck for all I know, but they APPEAR to be one heck of a value. Point is, RB-75's, just by their size, weight and driver compliment, do not, in my opinion, appear to be real high on the bang for the buck chart. They may sound 10 times better than the big Polks, though. I am getting anxious to get out there and do some listening!

----------------

On 10/12/2004 6:07:20 PM sunnysal wrote:

I agree with my b-board buddies here, compared with many competitor's large "bookshelf" (I prefer the phrase "stand mounted") speakers these are a holy cow bargain. go hear them against in a dealer against some B&W, Dynaudio, Totem, JMLab, etc.

I don't know if I can agree to that. Personally, the Dynaudio Audience 42 'stand mount' with a 5" mid and 1" dome tweeter, which has incredible bass response, is a LOT smaller, and can be had for 700 USD, is my choice for best bang for the buck bookshelf. I've heard the RB-75. And as good a speaker that is, the 42 does everything better, is smaller, costs less, and in my opinion looks better. This one is a killer guys. Seriously, if you're in the market for bookshelves check these out. You WOULD NOT believe the bass you can get out of these tiny boxes. While the RB-75 is rated down to 42hz, the Audience 42 is rated down to 53hz. But I swear, listening to both of them, it sounded like the 42 dug deeper and had tighter bass than the RB-75. Those Dynaudio woofers are crazy.

Probably because those Dynaudio 5" Woofers have 2 1/2" voice coils that allows them to dig deeply. I ran Morel MW-166's in my '94 Camaro IASCA SQ system and with 3" Hexatech voice coils and an FS of like 43Hz they could easily compare to an 8" woofer. They could easily take being crossed over at 50Hz and up, what a little woofer. You should see the Dynaudio 30W100 12" woofers what a work of art those things are. Excursion like you have never seen, quite possibly the best 12" woofers on the planet!

I like the older a/d/s speakers as well if you have never heard a pair of the tiny L200E's you will be amazed at what they can do. The L300E's were even better. a/d/s is now owned by DEI electronics and I don't think the quality is even close to what it used to be. You want killer bookshelves look for some a/d/s L400E's, or anything from Morel or Dynaudio.

Yeah, I'm kind of concerned about the current state of ADS, too. A few years ago they introduced a line of really nice floor-standers - the MV series, but now they don't seem to have anything bigger than the HT400LCR, which is a very small bookshelf job; albeit an apparently very high quality one. Except one thing bugs me about it. It uses spring clip speaker terminals - yuck. It kind of makes me wonder too, just how commited to quality they are. I mean, a 39 pound, solid aluminum, jewel of a speaker with spring clips? Please! It just doesn't make sense. I guess they had to cut corners somewhere to get the price as low as it is, though.

Give me a break,you seriously think $600 is alot of money per "bookshel" speaker! How long have you been in high end audio?

Klipsch R series are a bargain,I purchased my first pair of RF7's for $2400 canadian plus taxes,this is a slim $1200 canadian per speaker! For the performance I get oout of these they are a priced in the bargain basement.

I own Totem's TABU,I paid $1800 canadian per speaker,for these "bookshelf" speakers.These are much smaller than the RB75's.

My tiny Dynaudio Contour 1.1's are $1500 canadian/per speaker! These are tiny

Quality has a price

There is no free lunch

Price,you want expensive.Just look at Wilson Audio's best.If you ever are lucky to hear the X1's(Grand SLAMM)speakers powered by Mark Levinson's best you will hear a slice of near sonic perfection.

And the Alexandria X2...a modest 125000USD!

And Accuton's top of the line diamond coated inverted dome tweeter,a light $2800/per tweeter!