POLL: Should Klipsch Subwoofer forum be dedicated to Klipsch subs?

jj1234567

Should we also reinstate slavery, or maybe take away the power of free speech.

Get real here! I think someone with 8 post should spend a lot more time reading and getting to know the Forum members before forming opinions. Go with the flow for a while.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious answer is NO.

As mentioned by others, the fact that so many posts are about non-Klipsch products provides invaluable information to the company.

If people were restricted on only posting about Klipsch speakers and Aragon electronics, I'm sure very few people would hang around here anymore, and Klipsch sales could very well drop as the wealth of ideas shared about how to make Klipsch perform at their best.

There have been some terrific opinions shared on this topic by some obviously astute and intelligent Klipsch fans. That is what makes this Forum such a great place to share our love of Music and the equipment that makes it. Short answer NO, moderators should not limit our discussions to the Klipsch brand. How else have we been able to say that in most instances, Klipsch is far better than the competitors! Sadly that does not seem to the case in the subwoofer category. I agree with many of the posters that Klipsch should use this Forum data as an excellent source of market research. Perhaps the engineering dept could study the design of other subs or the marketing arm should check into price points.

It would be interesting to learn what if any changes have been made to the product line due to information gleened from sources such as the Forum. What if everyone expressed displeasure of having a 'reference' line of speakers covered in vinyl instead of real wood veneers? What if the new HT line failed to take off? What if the GMX systems were prone to failure? Does Klipsch listen and make appropriate changes to keep the customer base pleased? Ideally one would hope so.

I appreciate the opportunity Klipsch gives us with the Forum, but it is a two way street and they too can win our sub-loyalty back if they'd just listen instead of censor.

Thanks Trey!

Michael

I was recently in the market to purchase a sub woofer. I went to the forum and found what everyone is saying here. Lot's of talk and outright promotion of mostly SVS but also other brands. Hardly anyone saying anything about the Klipsch subs.

I went to Best Buy and had a listen for myself. The RSW subs are no match for what's out there at less of a cost. It's simple and true. I did not buy Klipsch subs. They don't sound quite as good, and they cost more then the ones that sound better. I have not heard an SVS sub yet, however.

However, I do think that the sub forum is in need of some moderation. I mean when people post "The PB-2 Ultra is in the house". That's a bit much. Those types of conversations should take place elsewhere IMHO. I think it's great to see folks offer their honest opinions and reviews even if Klipsch comes up short. That's useful to everyone including Klipsch. But detailed and constant conversations concerning the other brands is just using the forum servers (SVS has no forum).

Again, all just my opinion.

----------------

On 10/15/2004 9:06:53 PM edwinr wrote:

I would also suggest that Klipsch has kept an eagle eye on this Forum. It would be surprising to me if Klipsch management has not made a mental note about current market trends. I believe as of this very minute, moves are afoot to counteract the marketing strategy of their competitors.
2.gif

----------------

In fact Trey just confirmed this in a thread this date relating to this very topic...

On 10/17/2004 12:41:00 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

"We have new subs in the making. I can't tell about them, but I can say that none of them will be sold on the internet by Klipsch or our dealers."

Mike, Huppins either gave up on Klipsch, or Klipsch gave up on Spokane, about four years ago.8.gif

I'm glad I don't need a subwoofer pronto, because I would fall to the SVS dark side, going strictly off the bang for the buck criteria. Can't kick the tires on a RSW sub in St. Louis either7.gif