New to the world of Klipsch

RFG-1

...yeah, I know, What took you soo long ?!?!

Finally decided to update the speaker system and am putting the BOSE 601 Series III to rest and replacing them with a pair of RF-25's and a RW-12 Sub.

The speakers and sub are going into a 504 sq ft room with vaulted ceiling. Powering this set with a DENON AVR-2805.

Mainly listening at low/mid level volumes and occasionally ( when wife is out )louder volumes.

Finally to the ?? -

Are the RF-25's enough to fill a room of this size ?

Welcome

This a great playhouse.

When I first signed on I was welcomed and warned that I would get the dread upgraditis disease after being exposed to Klipsch. Yep!!

Consider yourself warned.

I think you will find those speakers and sub to be excellent.

I'd think you're okay.

The sub is going to be doing most of the work in the bass. so I wonder if there will be much gained in going to a bigger box. This assumes the HT amp will feed the sub during ordinary music.

Your choice has a nice "Tractrix" horn and a bigger box is not going to alter that. The exception would be if you go to an older unit with a tweeter. I assume that is not in the picture.

Gil

Thanks to all for the replies.

What is the most efficient means of selling high quality, used audio equiptment these days ??

Any particular web sites ?

(( Suddenly, I have these BOSE 601 Series II's to find a new home for .................))

----------------

On 10/15/2004 3:30:17 PM RFG-1 wrote:

...yeah, I know, What took you soo long ?!?!

Finally decided to update the speaker system and am putting the BOSE 601 Series III to rest and replacing them with a pair of RF-25's and a RW-12 Sub.

The speakers and sub are going into a 504 sq ft room with vaulted ceiling. Powering this set with a DENON AVR-2805.

Mainly listening at low/mid level volumes and occasionally ( when wife is out )louder volumes.

Finally to the ?? -

Are the RF-25's enough to fill a room of this size ?

----------------

Welcome to the forum!

Hope your wife isn't out too often so your hearing will stay in healthy condition! 2.gif