A Clockwork Orange

Shock-Late

nah, just before that one, he's on his hospital bed, speaking with some politician, and this politician has a "surprise": then we hear some music, and enter one first enormous speaker, pushed by two guys, then a second one and a complete stereo, along with journalists and photographers.

THAT scene.

What are the huge, ugly speakers? i doubt they were made specially for the movie...

Kubrick was a sick-o, but a GREAT sick-o. I saw this many times in Indy as a late-night movie. Remember the 'ultraviolence' The rape scene with huge plastic member and scissors and kicking one's own droog-brother. I think I've got VHS around somewhere, will try to look it up tonight.

What a bizarre mind, Kubricks. Eyes Wide Shut was also fantastic. One of my assistants (high school age) watched it while vacation sitting my home, said "I've never seen so many bOobs!"

Michael

Yes I am not so sure I am supposed to like or hate this film.. or both? I, too, have seen this film many many times. And at different ages, I get different views to feelings both good and bad.

How about I commit to "I really like this sick twisted movie" but I can't explain it too much, cause I am not so sure myself why?

Man, puts me in a John Kerry "Moment" for sure!

Not sure about those speakers... i kinda figured they were just "larger than life props" like most of the rest of the movie.

It's definitely one of those like/hate it type of films as very few people will forget it. Althought the imagery is purely Kubrick... I always thought the statement made by Anthony Burgess about social order is the really the films strong point.

Rob

You may or may not be aware that Anthony Burgess wrote "A Clockwork Orange" during the one year period he was living under a death sentence. He had been misdiagnosed with a terminal brain tumor.....Can you imagine the "chunk of change" he could finagle in a litigation nowadays ?? I thought Kubrick seemed to be punishing his audience with the excess violence. Sadly I think we have moved closer to his nightmare vision.........

A Clockwork Orange-

Is one of those movies that you really don't want to watch,

But the sickness draws you in...

To the list I would have to add -

Pulp Fiction

Magnolia

Requiem for a Dream

The Salton Sea

Trainspotting

Killing Zoe

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Spun

6.gif

----------------

On 10/20/2004 7:37:56 PM cluless wrote:

A Clockwork Orange-

Is one of those movies that you really don't want to watch,

But the sickness draws you in...

To the list I would have to add -

Pulp Fiction

Magnolia

Requiem for a Dream

The Salton Sea

Trainspotting

Killing Zoe

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Spun

6.gif
----------------

cluless, you are a sick ticket. You need professional help.

killing Zoe was great.

How about " very bad things" as an addition.

TC

----------------

On 10/21/2004 4:12:59 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Clu, you are as SICK as I am.

Fear and Loathing- classic sick druggie humor "Did you see what God did to us?"

Pulp Fiction- so many quotable moments "Look at the big brain on Brad!"

we must party

Michael

----------------

Fear and Loathing- classic sick...yep...but I still can't get over the tossing of the grapefruit into the tub...

Remember...."KILL THE BODY AND THE HEAD WILL DIE"

And in reality, "Spun" is the most twisted thing that I've seen recently....And it's VERY DEMENTED

Sincerely Yours

Carol Crocker (Betty's distant cousin, and somewhat vague relation of Martha Stewart of cell block 5

3.gif

• 7 years later...

Hmm, I don't recall that one. But I do remember studying that Kubrick had his actors perform the "rape scene" over 50 times, when everyone else in the crew said the first 3 takes were perfectly fine.

Fact is he just wanted to watch it 47 more times...

Dave