Any good two channel Sinatra suggestions??

kuisis

Frank Sinatra "Where are You?" arranged and conducted by Gordon Jenkins, and "Only the Lonely" arranged and conducted by Nelson Riddle. Both sensational albums with Frank's pitch and tone reminiscent of a musical instrument played by a maestro. If I'm really pushed, I would have to nominate the Frank Sinatra/Gordon Jenkins collaboration as my favourite.

If Wolfram is referring to the "Sinatra at the Sands with Count Basie" date, I agree and second that choice. Excellent LP featuring two of the greatest, although the recording isn't the best. I picked up "The Voice" a Columbia 200 gram re-issue from Classic Records and it's a great Sinatra recording. Perhaps, his best.

"Wee Small Hours of the Morning," and "For the Lonely." Just the thing for when you're working yourself up for selling all your belongings and joining the French Foreign Legion. Beautiful realizations, but can be a bit depressing - like the Empire State Building is a "bit tall."

Oooh, good thread.

I bought a 'best of' disk, I think it is called My Way. I think it is a newer disk set, with remastered tracks. Sound quite nice on my K-horns and Cornwalls. Now I want to get more.

I have always liked Frank, but recently I have grown to appreciate his contribution to music. His timing is impeccable, I can't think of any vocalist that had better timing.

And this is coming from a hard rock junkie.

-PB

Sinatra at the Sands with Count Basie is a MUST. With my Korns being driven direct from a Denon 2200 to a 2A3PP amp, the soundsatge is amazing. You can actually hear (and closing your eyes, see)him moving the microphone from the left side to the right side of his mouth!!

"One for my baby and one for the road" is my favorite. not to mention you think a waiter is clearing off your table in a few songs.

Enjoy!!

• Like 1

I was tainted by the man's stereotypical lounge singing image and had no interests in his music. Then one of my business trips to Chicago this summer, I heard a young guy singing live at the Mike Ditka's steak place as I was leaving. I was so impressed with his voice and the song he was singing, I went up to him and found out the song was They Way You Look Tonight and it was sang by Sinatra. So when I got home, I got the CD with the song and have been enjoying ever since. I'd like to get more Sinatra music and this thread gave me three I must to get... bad influence.

Ki

----------------

On 11/5/2004 1:21:05 PM Brap wrote:

Sinatra at the Sands with Count Basie is a MUST. With my Korns being driven direct from a Denon 2200 to a 2A3PP amp, the soundsatge is amazing. You can actually hear (and closing your eyes, see)him moving the microphone from the left side to the right side of his mouth!!

"One for my baby and one for the road" is my favorite. not to mention you think a waiter is clearing off your table in a few songs.

Enjoy!!
----------------

I'll second " At the Sands with count Basie" Heck you even get some great jokes. Brap were you the one that sent me that ? I swear my memory is gone LOL !!

Craig

NOS -- You've been sniffing too much NOS!!! Yeah -- that was me. Still listening to it?

BTW -- Sold the KHorns here yesterday due to space considerations, will have to live with the Forte's for HT in the basement now. (The 2A3 PP make them sound nice too) Oh well, at least they will be getting a nice home to someone who can appreciate them instead of movin them on E-bay.

Good to hear from you again NOS.

• Like 1