any fan's of this group

jaama

E, W & F - From what I can recall they were ok. I was really a fan of Kool & The Gang. To me, these guys were the funk masters, and they were great jazz artists too. Those in the know will remember
Kool Jazz
, a great LP with tributes to Freddie Hubbard and Lee Morgan. It's an out of print release, buy a copy if you can find it. I also remember blasting
Summer Madness
during the summer of 74 from my 1974 Olds Cutlass S, with swivel buckets. Had just returned back to the World!

Doobie Brothers - I became a fan of theirs after hearing
The Captain and Me
, circa 1973 and remained through the Michael McDonald years.

Pat Metheny - Not familiar, only know he's a guitarist.

----------------

On 11/11/2004 10:26:46 AM Allan Songer wrote:

My two favorite Pat Metheny records:

f75973btfcr.jpg

e02691re2pi.jpg

----------------

Also 2 of my favorite Pat Metheny LPs. As far as EW&F, I have a few of their LPs and know their popular stuff but I'm not by any means a fan.

I saw the Doobies quite a few times in the 70s and occasionally listen to their greatest hits LP. They were a great 70s band.

I don't recall the names off-hand, but I know I have at least two E,W&F discs, along with The Ohio Players Greatest Hits. Same league, to me at least. Good stuff when the mood strikes. Never listened to Pat much, and the Doobies are alright, in a pop kinda way, they had some great hits, but nothing that I personally thought had much staying power, even if some of it's still played on the radio today.

OT, anyone have any thoughts on Herbie Hancock? I haven't heard anything of his for quite a while, but remember I used to like some of it a mere, ohhhh..... 20-25 years ago? Someones post above reminded me of him, hadn't even thought of the name in quite a few years, if anyone has any recommendations, I might try and search out a disc or two.