factorydirectsound.com sells Klipsch at cost!

chipperooh

You get no warranty online since the online dealers are not authorized by Klipsch. Plus, you cannot hear them before you buy (unless you go into your local dealer to listen and then go home and buy). I've also heard that some of these unauthorized dealers take the serial numbers off of the speakers to hide the fact that they are B-stock or otherwise lower quality than the ones shipped to dealers.

The other factor to consider is shipping.

I've heard too many horror stories. Some may have good luck most of the time, but insurance at full cost is something to think about.

Plus if you buy from your Klipsch dealer, the repairs if needed will not be an issue. And you may get more if you decide to trade up.

I'd go with my Klipsch dealer, Rowe, any day - service and knowledge that can't be beat.

dodger

Something tells me you know little to nothing about audio... Your reference 7 system is packaged with an RW-12. Seriously, talk about underpowering bass with that system. Not to mention that you just openly published your website when Klipsch is legally going after people who arean't authorized to sell Klipsch products.... Sorry, but you deserve this one: lolololololol!!!1!11!1!!!!1!1!eleven!1 n00b.

2.gif11.gif

Klipsch is the 2cd most recognized name in speakers, so I imagine they are easier to sell online than brands like Kef or RBH. But we are getting far too many inquiries regarding price. The warranty issue is just not as important with passive speakers as it is with components. My sugestion is to have a proactive team monitoring the net.

Since more and more dealers are smaller, custom shops (who are are often strapped for cash)- create a "dealer only" auction site where guys can unload excess inventory to other dealers.

So Mr. Atkinson, are you an authorized Klipsch dealer? That would mean this site is a website in addition to a physical store which you run, since no Klipsch products being sold strictly through online e-tailers is authorized.

Also, if I were a customer with no prior knowledge of the aforementioned info, it would still concern me that your site has no certification of reliability, whether from Yahoo, Cnet, BBB, Verisign, Ebay, Bizrate, or anything that tells me it's safe to buy from you.

----------------

On 11/22/2004 5:05:08 PM nicholtl wrote:

So Mr. Atkinson, are you an authorized Klipsch dealer? That would mean this site is a website in addition to a physical store which you run, since no Klipsch products being sold strictly through online e-tailers is authorized.

Also, if I were a customer with no prior knowledge of the aforementioned info, it would still concern me that your site has no certification of reliability, whether from Yahoo, Cnet, BBB, Verisign, Ebay, Bizrate, or anything that tells me it's safe to buy from you.

----------------

I would add that it is a violation of several sections of the Uniform Commercial Code, selling merchandise known to not have a Manufacturer permisssion to sell, Authorization or Warranty.

I would also be concerned about length of time in business,, customer satisfaction rate, how merchandise is obtained.

Additionally, I would want to know whether you have a County filed D/B/A, or a Corporation regulated by your State.

If a Corporation, you could skip out, have no legal responsibility for merchandise claims, warranties, repairs or returns of merchandise.

I would also be curious as to your status regarding taxes. Do you have a valid permission from your State to collect Sales Tax.

I would also be curious as to your sales policies, return policies, how you would rectify the sale of a defective good, knowingly or not-knowingly. How long you would take to process any refunds, whether a Charge is added to the Customer's bill at the time of order or the time of shipment.

If merchandise is back ordered how do you handle that situation. Is your merchandise drop shipped or come directly from you.

Is any of your merchandise grey market or completely acceptable for sale in the U.S.. Is your telephone listed in the Company name or an individual/is your address a physical location, a drop box, abox such as that found for UPS stores with a number.

How much experience have you had with the product lines you are selling.

Lastly if you are selling at cost, how are you making a profit? Through high shipping and handling costs?

When someone purchases there is an implied warranty that would be equal to the time limit of the manufacturers Warranty. Do you honor that or sell service contracts. In the event of a failure within the implied warranty period do you handle all or part of the shipping and insurance costs. Or do you state that there is no warranty in print large enough to be seen. Are all store policies on receipts or given verbally. If verbally, who has the authority to give such policy?

These are a few questions that cross my mind when purchasing merchandise. But, I am not an Attorney.

If I were to give serious consideration to purchases via the Internet, I would have a few more questions.

dodger

Mr. Atkinson,

After browsing your website, I am unclear as to your status as a Klipsch authorized dealer. On honoring warranties, it seems that your company will honor warranty issues independently?

Klipsch has an explicit warning (on this very website) against purchasing Klipsch products fron non authorized dealers. I'd think you'd want to clear up this question as soon as possible. 11.gif

----------------

On 11/22/2004 5:36:14 PM dodger wrote:

Lastly if you are selling at cost, how are you making a profit? Through high shipping and handling costs?

dodger

----------------

Well, considering he sells the RF-7's for $1599, and you can usually get them from an authorized dealer for around $1500 after some haggling I'm pretty sure he's not selling them at cost. Bloody savage.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 3:56:12 AM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

----------------

On 11/22/2004 5:36:14 PM dodger wrote:

dodger

----------------

Well, considering he sells the RF-7's for $1599, and you can usually get them from an authorized dealer for around $1500 after some haggling I'm pretty sure he's not selling them at cost. Bloody savage.

----------------

I'm glad that you pointed the price out.

I had not even bothered to look at his pricing. Place such as that, I won't bother with.

You did the work I did not.

Thank you for clarifying one point and in so dis-crediting his statement.

dodger

----------------

On 11/22/2004 2:48:01 PM chipperooh wrote:

My sugestion is to have a proactive team monitoring the net.

----------------

I think that is happening. Here's links to Klipsch press releases on the subject. I haven't heard of any other manufacturers going after illegal resellers as aggressively as Klipsch.

http://www.klipsch.com/newscenter/press.aspx?cid=331

http://www.klipsch.com/newscenter/press.aspx?cid=322

----------------

On 11/23/2004 9:33:01 AM Trooper wrote:

----------------

On 11/22/2004 2:48:01 PM chipperooh wrote:

My sugestion is to have a proactive team monitoring the net.

----------------

I think that is happening. Here's links to Klipsch press releases on the subject. I haven't heard of any other manufacturers going after illegal resellers as aggressively as Klipsch.

----------------

VERY GOOD!

• Klipsch Employees

First let me say that as you all know...factorydirectsound.com is not an authorized dealer for Klipsch. (and will never be!)

Klipsch has gone after many of the un- authorized dealers in the courts and others without the courts. We have terminated many Klipsch dealers for the sale of our product to these online pirates. In canceling these dealers Klipsch has stopped sales in the millions of dollars. There are still a good number of pirates out there. We do have a team that keeps an eye on this and continues to track down dealers that sale to them. Our goal is to build the best product and to have it sold by the best dealers while working to stop all pirate sales of our product. That is a big goal. While there is still work to be done, we fell that we are doing a good job in all respects. We hope that our dealers and customers know that we stand fast to this goal and that they will work with us to reach it.

Chip,

If you are a dealer and have info that will help us stop any un- authorized sales of Klipsch product I urge you to contact me or your sales rep.

----------------

On 11/22/2004 10:39:09 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Mr. Atkinson,

After browsing your website, I am unclear as to your status as a Klipsch authorized dealer. On honoring warranties, it seems that your company will honor warranty issues independently?

Klipsch has an explicit warning (on this very website) against purchasing Klipsch products fron non authorized dealers. I'd think you'd want to clear up this question as soon as possible.
11.gif

----------------

Everone is assuming he is affiliated with that web site (and posted the link for free publicity). But he said that he is a legit Klipsch dealer who can't compete with the on-line web.

As a potential customer, I do find it a bit disconcerting that speakers have a mark-up of 66% to 100%! Luckily for me, I'm more interested in the vintage Heritage stuff and I'm not likely to ever buy that new. I know of no Heritage dealers in Quebec anyway.

----------------

On 11/23/2004 10:40:52 AM psg wrote:

Everone is assuming he is affiliated with that web site (and posted the link for free publicity). But he said that he is a legit Klipsch dealer who can't compete with the on-line web.

----------------

I also do not see how everyone is jumping to the conclusion that this is his website. Reading his posts (reading is the operative word), he is just a dealer who is having a hard time matching internet "dealers." Show me where I misread.

p.s. damn that's an obnoxious website

----------------

On 11/23/2004 12:37:20 PM Tom Adams wrote:

I'm with you psg. After reading this guys' post (and interpreting it the same as psg), I was taken aback at the rather pirana feeding frenzy responses. I certainly hope you guys don't have any trouble getting that egg off your faces.
2.gif3.gif

Tom

----------------

In my point of all of the questions, I would ask them of any Internet Dealer or noting the points in a storefront.

A lot of people do not pay attention to details and in their lack of doing so get burned.

However, I have noticed the lack of response from him with regards to my points and questions and Daddy Dee's questions.

If a legitimate dealer of Klipscxh products, he has the option of the 800 number, his Rep or email directly to the legal department or Marketing. I now see the point in name, but have trouble fathoming why he would come to the Forum with problematic Internet dealers.

Yes we can point out the inconsistencies in that website, but for the most part he has more direct recourse than posting here.

dodger

EDIT POST:

After reading and rereading his posts I note he gives a name then notes retailer. Klipsch should not have that hard of a time finding this dealer.

He also notes "why stock anything from Klipsch when all people are interested in are prices." Paraphased. So he either stocks nothing from Klipsch or he has other lines.

If a legitimate dealer, he would and should know of the steps Klipsch has been taking to eliminate unauthorized sales.

I will give that his language is phrased so that it is not really easy or possible to tell if he is connected with the website.

So we wait to see if he answers.

dodger