Music recomendations

mandi

I have never really been a music buff. I listen to the radio more than anything. But with new speakers and the discovery of music dvd's I want to increase my music selection.

I have found out that I like James Taylor. So, having said that, who else might I like? I like other groups but I am looking for someone with James Taylor kind of sound.

I just rediscovered some music I had lost which included Tracy Chapman, Paul Simon Graceland, Credence Clearwater Revival, and stone roses.

Speaking of turkeys remember the WKRP episode where they dropped turkeys out of a helicopter? "I swear as god as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"

Great recommendation, Paul Simon, Graceland. Any other Paul Simon like "There Goes Rhymin Simon." It's a classic. His love songs album is great and has a lot of his classic tunes on it. Also, any Simon and Garfunkel.

Van Morrison. He has about 100 albums and all of them are at least very good. Moondance is a must. Also get his latest, "What's Wrong With This Picture." Great recording!

You'd probably like Bruce Cockburn, "Wonderin' Where The Lions Are." I'm not crazy about some of his other albums but that one's great.

Leo Cottke. 12 String is a great album with excellent acoustic guitar. It's an instrumental album. He also has some lps with lyrics however.

David Bromberg. My Own House is one of my favorites but he has many and the recordings are really good. More good acoustic guitar.

John Hyatt (start with his "best of" CD) and John Martyn ("Solid Air" is my favorite) are 2 more you may like.

Give Van Morrison a listen too. I like Avalon Sunset, but his seventies releases are also good. Visit your library and check to see if they have any Van Morrison CD's or other recommendations. If so, you can check-out and preview.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Seti,

That was an hilarious WKRP episode.
I remember the exchange between Les Nessman and Johnny Fever:

Film at eleven.

"I have found out that I like James Taylor. So, having said that, who else might I like? I like other groups but I am looking for someone with James Taylor kind of sound."

LOL, even though I own all of what Kliipsch Rf7 listed, I don't believe that is what they are looking for :)

You may also enjoy:

Jackson Browne (saturate, late for the sky, the pretender, hold out & last two more likely)

Bonnie Raitt (Nick of Time)

Joni Mitchell (she used play with James before either had recording contracts... court & spark, dog eat dog, chalk mark in a rainstorm, Hejira & others)

Crowded House (Woodface)

Mr. Van Morrison>> GOTTA HAVE: Moondance

Grateful Dead (yes!) American Beauty & Working Man's Dead

Man, there's just soooo much great music out there...

Let me know if any of these triggers something.

Later,

Peter