Whats your favorite album art?

Joe Shmoe

I thought this would be a little fun. These are some classic and some not-so-classic album covers with a spoof following each. These are just a few off the top of my head. Maybe I'll find some more.

Simon & Garfunkel

simon.jpg

Kruder and Dorfmesiter

kruder.jpg

Kiss

kiss.jpg

Sloppy Seconds

sloppy.jpg

The Kinks

kinks.jpg

Sleater Kinney

sleater.jpg

Ornette Coleman

ornette.jpg

Clinic

clinic.jpg

Herb Alpert

herb.jpg

Soul Asylum

soul.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the funnier lp coves of the heydey of album aart was Cheech and Chong's Bambu, looked just like a pack of rolling papers complete with a monster rolling paper in the inside leaf of the cover.I f you can find one of these with the paper still intact it might be worth a few bucks.

Great thread Joe!

bigbambucdfront.jpg

post-14801-138192596179_thumb.jpg

I nailed every single album cover on the quiz WITHOUT even reading the blurb about each. Well I read two. This one's for all the thrift shop guys...you know those Baja Marimba albums right? Do you all know the game people play where they try to find the one guy taking a whiz on each album cover? Try it out. There are only a few albums I've seen where the guy isn't taking a leak. Sometimes you have to look really close.

Way to many can't remember half of em. But I remember one that was around the mid eighties I think. It was a hardcore speed metal complimation called Need for speed. It had a skull with a cigarette lit out of it's mouth. I drew that one back in the day on a peice of plywood, and then painted it. Some lucky owner has it now lOL. Actually it turned out pretty cool. I used to do alot of album covers then I quit for no reason at all. I think the guitar started taking over my love of drawling.I remember almost all my cassettes had cool covers that would be almost the entire reason for purchasing the bands back then. Half the bands sucked but they had killer covers. By the way Joe I got that Floyd poster from a guitar world magazine. That's pretty wild I still got it.

Picky- That's a great cover from Warrant, The video was even better lol. I actually met Jani Lane the lead singer, when they came to town here years ago. I think he married the girl in the video, didn't he? Wasn't her name Bobby Brown or something close to that?

Synthfreak- Good covers, I especially remember the Sloppy Seconds version of Destroyer, A good friend of mine is a huge Kiss fan/Collector.

Thebes- Yes, I thought that Cheech & Chong album was pretty inventive.

Wheelman- Never heard of the "Need for Speed". On the Floyd artwork though, I kinda thought was wierd... my wife got a poster catalog in the mail today and i was flipping through it and that picture was in it, talk about coincidence. I guess the name of it is "Back Catalog" :) I too sometimes just bought an album or cd just for the artwork.

Thanks again guys... post some more covers, It's great to see some of these older covers, brings back memories.. although i'm not that old lol.

Where is all the Nazareth Album artwork?, those were awesome!, or Budgie. Uriah Heep's Abominog LP was downright scary. Iron Maiden had many killer album covers, some ideas taken from Budgie though.

I have no way to scan Album covers, I'll see if I can find them on the web.