Interesting Ebay Item

seti

Not sure if it means anything, but I found it interesting that the cabinets have mitered corners. Heresys from the 70's had butt jointed cabinets, yet my verticle horn Cornwalls from that same time period have mitered corners. I guess I'm postulating that these might have been scaled down Cornwalls versus scaled up Heresys. I dunno......

One thing is for sure, like many of you (I suppose), I'd love to hear these things.

Tom

I had some email conversation with him and these are indeed legit and the guy does know his stuff. He worked at the Klipsch factory from '70-'78, when was Andy (HDBRBuilder) there? The grill cloth, the padding, the crossover have vintage Klipsch all over them. I would imagine that they would sound pretty good and have decent bass response to boot.

They look like a bridge between a Heresy and Cornwall, perhaps a CornHer. 9.gif

I am trying to put cornwalls out of my basement
listening cave into the real house. my wife says yes if they are on
their side in a built in cabinet,

can I put cornwalls on their
side. it hurts to think about.

Also I just oiled, tung, them
and they are mint,

is their snything else to do for them or my heresy's, spray the
cones ets?

thnaks

If you oil and tung your wife, maybe she'll let you go vertical.

----------------

On 12/1/2004 8:55:39 PM greg928s4 wrote:

I had many phone conversations and emails with the seller 6 months ago and almost purchased these. These are authentic. They are not Little Bastards, although I couldn't convince him of that.

The seller insists that PWK referred to them as Little Bastards. My guess is that Paul probably used that moniker to describe a lot of speakers over the years.

Greg

Wasn't that Paul's pet name for Trey?

----------------

----------------

On 12/3/2004 10:03:29 AM Frzninvt wrote:

I had some email conversation with him and these are indeed legit and the guy does know his stuff. He worked at the Klipsch factory from '70-'78, when was Andy (HDBRBuilder) there?

----------------

Andy said he worked there from 76-83 in a previous thread.

There is something suspicious about the item/seller. I contacted him several times by email to tried and obtain better and more complete photos. I recieved no reply. I even informed him of my location, and that I was only 120miles away, and still no response.

I smell a dishonest ebayer. Beware this guy. If someone on this forum wants them, I will be happy to drive down there to scope'em out. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until after the New Years, since I'll be going out of town (Home) this Saturday.