THIS IS AN AUDIO SITE PEOPLE

jaama

Picky, here is mine.. DOn't recall the model name... Something like XTL...

The one thing that I did buy extra not shown here is the bar that the pullies sit on, the one I purchased extra expands out which is supposed to change the tension on the rods.. Never changed it from the way it is stock, but I should just to see how it changes the feel and weight.

bowflex.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still have good upper body strength. But I found that taking Glucosamine with Chondroitin and Glucosamine with MSM is a help to the knees.

Moon: One possibility is air in the joints, as in when you crack your knuckles. Or it could be cartilege. If it's cartilege it will wind up hurting.

Audios,

dodger (does that count?)

----------------

On 12/8/2004 2:53:52 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I think for my next photo shoot, I'll dip some nice 19-year old in yogurt, perhaps banana flavored. There will be an audio system with Klipsch speakers playing the in background while the session takes place. This qualifies as an audio post.

Thanks Dodger, well spoken. I have nothing to add.

Michael

----------------

Colterphoto,

You're sounding a lot like Thebes!

9.gif

----------------

On 12/9/2004 12:53:40 PM picky wrote:

m00n:
I have a BowFlex, too (Ultimate model). I have not noticed any of the "popping" you metioned. Have you talked to your physician about it? It could be harmless, just annoying.

----------------

No room for a bowflex, but I've got a Bullworker. They can do the job if you stay with it.

Once in a while a joint pops, no pain yet.

The aforementioned reference to an audible "pop" qualifies this as an audio post.

ED - hehe, yeah you're right, Neo may surprise us yet. At your peak you were still able to lift more than 100lbs your bodyweight. Proportionally, you're the strongest one here! Although I know a lot of people say benching isn't and shouldn't be the all-determining factor of one's strength. There's also deadlifts, squats, legpress, and pullups. I never did take the time to find out my max on all those. Except pullups, I could do 33. Nothing compared to Gary's 50.

SCOTT - dude that's mighty impressive too! You know they say it's best to seperate your weight-training from your cardio by about 8 hours, ideally. Of course, with a busy schedule like yours (opening up Platinum Home Theater), working out whenever you find the time might be all you can ask for. So I see you're taking thermogenics. I have some friends taking those. They used to take Xenadrine RFA-1, but now that the ECA stack is banned (ephedrine), the next best thermos are Zoller Labs' Zantrex-3 and Man's Scorch. I hear people have been taking those with great results - no shakes, no mood swings, no downer, etc.

GLENN - you must have very strong legs! I have a friend who is about your size, was a linebacker in college, and he always tells me his pickup line to girls was, "more cushin' for the pushin." He never told me how often it worked, though. =)

WIN - in addition to those supplements you mentioned for joint health, L-Glutamine and DHEA are great too. DHEA especially. Adults around the age of 50 or above are recommended to take 25mg-50mg a day, and it's touted as something of a "fountain of youth." I have my parents taking it now, and they love it. Of course, the only thing about these products, no matter how much scientific research supports it, is that they are still not FDA approved. Which, however, may not mean a thing in lieu of the recent Vioxx fiasco.

MOON - Wanna donate that bowflex to the Nick Trust Fund? By the way, it would be great if we lived near each other. I have a ton of friends who claim the Heavyweight Championship Belts for Madden. They also claim that for Halo 2, wonder if you've begun playing that yet? They say single-player mode ends so abruptly it's ridiculous. Obviously, it's giving way for the third installment. Those trixy basturds, them.

Nic, if they wanna play Madden with me that would be fine, but NO cheezn. I don't like playing cheezy players or anyone that exploits glitches in the online play. I'm not all that good so they shouldn't have any problems beating me anyway.

Yeah picky, your's comes stock with that pully adjusment, I had to buy that bar sepparate. Nice machine!

Thing that shocked me was, looking at them (bowflex machines), they look like they are cheap piles of junk, but they are actually very well made and sturdy machines and give you one hell of a work out.

----------------

On 12/9/2004 5:21:10 PM nicholtl wrote:

If you stand 3-feet back and squint your eyes, it looks like a modern-day torture rack. Just flip this lever and viola! You've gone from the guillotine to the stretcher.

----------------

YOu know, it does look like a torture device.

Still funny at the gym, when they were playing a classic rock channel on the music system, Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" came on. I could not help but crackup, as I was about to do some leg curls on one of the weight machines.