THIS IS AN AUDIO SITE PEOPLE

jaama

----------------

On 12/8/2004 4:20:52 PM nicholtl wrote:

Sanman, high five for being benching-brothers!

Win, I'm good thanks. Any word on the cleaner?

----------------

high five!...whats the weather like down south..its getting cold up here...low 40s...i actually had to wear a light jacket this morning...burrr...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 12/8/2004 4:20:23 PM mike stehr wrote:

"let's keep sharing info about audio on this site not world news.like basketball etc.donot mess this up people not to many site like this one here.where we can share pic of our system and talk audio.keep the junk off here."

This above post is not related to audio.

----------------

Mike You are GOOD !!

Every couple of months or so it seems someone rolls in here (usually new) and starts sniveling about things being "Off-Topic".

How many sub forums does the Klipsch site have?

And in all these Forums there is one called "General Questions."

And IME, this is the section of the forums where posters can get off-topic and get to know each other.

And some have been quite courteous enough to post "OT" on the subject headers.

How many audio-related internet forums are there? You can limit things to be on topic, and just post pics and cheerleader each other's gear, but it wouldn't be long until someone got "off-topic". Hence, this Forum.

JMHO. The author of this thread is just merely wanting attention.

----------------

On 12/8/2004 3:54:49 PM nicholtl wrote:

So who here is into weight-lifting? Maxed 235 yesterday, which isn't bad considering I'm 145.

----------------

I am not really "into" weight-lifting, but I do workout in the gym, more for attempting to keep in shape, than to powerlift.

Also, my upper-body needs more work, for example, I am lucky to bench-press 200 on a good day, but my lower-body, I am pretty good. For example, on the vertical leg-press, I was pushing nearly 400 pounds - on two sets of 15 reps (and yes, I do struggle to get that last one or two reps out on the second set)! Also, on the back-press, I was moving over 280 pounds, again on two sets of 15 reps. Yes, all that skiing and hiking really does give my lower body a good workout.

So, yes my YMCA membership does get used quite a bit (plus they just built a brand-new awesome pool, so I've been taking advantage of that to swim some laps) 10.gif

Ohh, wooop, I forgot, this supposed to be an audio site, not a physical fitness/weight-lifting site 6.gif11.gif. I guess we better quit talking about sports and all that other world news and junk. 9.gif

----------------

On 12/8/2004 5:18:28 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

So who here is into weight-lifting? Maxed 235 yesterday, which isn't bad considering I'm 145.

----------------

I am not really "into" weight-lifting, but I do workout in the gym, more for attempting to keep in shape, than to powerlift.

Also, my upper-body needs more work, for example, I am lucky to bench-press 200 on a good day, but my lower-body, I am pretty good. For example, on the vertical leg-press, I was pushing nearly 400 pounds - on two sets of 15 reps (and yes, I do struggle to get that last one or two reps out on the second set)! Also, on the back-press, I was moving over 280 pounds, again on two sets of 15 reps. Yes, all that skiing and hiking really does give my lower body a good workout.

So, yes my YMCA membership does get used quite a bit (plus they just built a brand-new awesome pool, so I've been taking advantage of that to swim some laps)
10.gif

Ohh, wooop, I forgot, this supposed to be an audio site, not a physical fitness/weight-lifting site
6.gif11.gif
. I guess we better quit talking about sports and all that other world news and junk.
9.gif

----------------

Steve,

You're a beast!

After my neck surgery in '98, the nerves to me right biceps and right chest muscle were damaged and now I can hardly do a push-up let along bench press actual weight6.gif. In my younger days I could do over 50 pull-ups and loads of push-ups but was never much into lifting. I can easily take records on and off my TT however which is what this post is all about anyway. 10.gif

----------------

----------------

You must be the oldest person on this forum, and still lifting weights? WOW!!!

Keith

----------------

On 12/8/2004 5:43:52 PM T2K wrote:

----------------

----------------

You must be the oldest person on this forum, and still lifting weights? WOW!!!

Keith

----------------

ROTFLMAO

Guest Anonymous

it is an audio people site, we all know that, but there are about 15 other catagories dedicated for only audio and like everyone said there is one catagory for the off topic stuff.... which is general questions, so if you dislike the off topic discussions it is easy to choose not to look in the general questions area

----------------

On 12/8/2004 1:30:57 PM Allan Songer wrote:

Does anyone know when the Kurds first started using those analine dies? And where did they get them? Germans? In thier carpets I mean . . .

----------------

Allan,

You talkin' large Kurd or Small Kurd? Whole, low-fat, or non-fat? Started off as a cottage industry, I think...

----------------

On 12/8/2004 7:24:35 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 12/8/2004 1:30:57 PM Allan Songer wrote:

Does anyone know when the Kurds first started using those analine dies? And where did they get them? Germans? In thier carpets I mean . . .

----------------

Allan,

You talkin' large Kurd or Small Kurd? Whole, low-fat, or non-fat? Started off as a cottage industry, I think...

----------------

SMALL KURDS:

Kurdish Children
LARGE KURDS:

PAR240500.jpg