What Do You Want Santa To Bring You For Christmas?

middlecreekguy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/21/2004 4:55:45 PM middlecreekguy wrote:

What is the one gift that you hope will be under the tree on Christmas morning? Or is it a pile of little things that will complete your holiday? Tell Santa now before it`s too late boys and girls. He`s loading his sleigh as we speak.

----------------

Wow, Santa's been pretty darned nice to me *before* Christmas. I don't want to piss him off by wanting something else that money can buy.

9.gif

I'll wish for those things money can't buy.

Merry Christmas y'all,

Forrest

Well, I see that out of the 23 responses to this thread, 9 of them are due to what we call a "thread crap".

This is the season to be giving so I just want to thank the poster who gave us the gift of putting this thread on the wrong track.

If you have a question concerning the above, start a thread. Don`t involve another.

Geez....

Back to subject.

What do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas?

sorry middlecreek, I'm just a photographer trying to be artsy with my avatar. Did away with the girlie photos for this very reason. You'll never see another of my models' photos on this FOrum. In fact I asked Amy to delete a thread recently where the language got offensive. Woo is right in his guess of sand dune, but I did not post the photo intending to start a contest of 'name the body part'. Shows how things have deteriorated around here.

I apologize for wasting your time. I do post numerous helpful suggestions to other Forum members, and my post to your thread title was heartfelt and honest.

My avatar will go back to being a 'nobody'.

Michael

As corny as it may sound, Santa (more than likely God) delivered my present for life 3 years ago when I met & married Laura. Why some folks in this world get to meet their true love early in life and it took me the better part of my life and a couple of failed marriages to meet Laura is still a mystery to me. However, I'm glad it happened and I thank God every morning for it. My next present for life was the opportunity to be a Dad to Laura's daughter Madison. Why that girl thinks I'm "all that" will also be a mystery to me seeings how I look in the mirror and see nothing particularly special looking back. With some patience and a bit of luck, I'll live up to Madison's expectations and learn more than I would've otherwise. And who knows....Madison may just learn from her old man how to rebuild a set of constant velocity carbs.1.gif

I apologize for the intensely personal, even somber, message. But it was triggered by Michael's wish for someone with which to share his hobby. Unless someone truly enjoys being by themselves, no one deserves to be alone - especially this time of the year. I know only too well what it feels like to wake up on a Christmas morning, look around and realize you're alone. Personally, I feel it's in man's nature to be with, or feel connected to, another person. And from the connection of that person to another, we complete the connection of man. Yeah, yeah....I know - group hug, coom by ya, blah, blah, blah.1.gif Anywho....

God has blessed me with more than I thought imagineable. My marriage is sound, my health is good, I've got some great friends...heck, I even have an all Klipsch Heritage HT! I've gotten my wish, so from now on my wish will be that others (that includes you Michael) may find their "soul mate" and live happily ever after.

Oh....and that my youngest sister may finally be at peace.

Tom

Tom,

I'm sending you a sock, man.

Me? I want a new avatar1.gif . Plus, I'm with Jim. 15-20k in small bills would be nice. I haven't taken the kiddies on a vacation in quite some time. They're getting great Christmas presents, though! My 16 year old is getting a guitar (a Samick D5), and the 13 year old is getting a mint condition iMac dalmation (very cute).

• Moderators

----------------

On 12/21/2004 6:28:01 PM dkp wrote:

Already got it-my wife is pregnant again!!!----------------

CONGRATS dkp!!! When is she due?

Aside from peace and good will toward men (and women), I want diapers and formula!! 9.gif

----------------

On 12/22/2004 10:20:55 AM Amy Unger wrote:

----------------

On 12/21/2004 6:28:01 PM dkp wrote:

Already got it-my wife is pregnant again!!!----------------

CONGRATS dkp!!! When is she due?

Aside from peace and good will toward men (and women), I want diapers and formula!!
9.gif"

----------------

Thanks, Amy. Well, we have a 4-month old right now (seems like we had Emma just before you had yours) who was born in July and my wife is due next August. Since I'm the last of the Mohicans, maybe I'll get a boy this time to carry on the Polk (my last name) name!!!

• Moderators

----------------

On 12/22/2004 11:01:16 AM dkp wrote:

Thanks, Amy. Well, we have a 4-month old right now (seems like we had Emma just before you had yours) who was born in July and my wife is due next August. Since I'm the last of the Mohicans, maybe I'll get a boy this time to carry on the Polk (my last name) name!!!

----------------

Wow! Gotta give props to your wife.. I'm not sure I could be ready so soon!!

Please wish her and the baby good health for me!

Tom, that was beautiful, just about as real as I've ever heard you "I thank God every morning for it (her)." You truly have had your Christmas early my friend! Wish you success in this marriage and may little Madison see in you eventually the man your wife does now.

God Bless us every one.

Michael