Cornwall Ebay Deal in Florida BIN $550

triceratops

Thanks for the tip Tri,

I've got an auntie in Tampa. Would someone FL ways be willing to pick up these Cornwalls and hold for me til Mid Feb when I could get down there with a truck? I would arrange the sale and pickup. Never done this but heard of others making the offer, so thought I'd ask. Hate for these to go to an unloving, non-Forum home, knowwhatimean?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Any help for Michael down in Florida?

Budman54 spotted the same auction and posted a similar message about 30 seconds before me. Credit where credit is due--good eye Budman!

Paul Parrot wrote:

>You'd buy them if you were in Florida, I bet.

Nailed it on that one, Paul! It's a good thing I'm NOT in Florida--my wife still doesn't know about my two most recent LaScala purchases (keeping them hidden at a friend's as long as possible).

Best in horns,

triceratops

Those look exactly like my 79 Cornwalls, no risers either. That's a great BIN price. I paid over $900 for mine a couple of years ago, a little much maybe, but the seller was local and it was logistically an easy deal, and when I saw and heard them, I couldn't say no! Anyone in reasonable driving distance should grab those.

more likely he's got a good ebay search set up! Maybe not, I had a Klipsch search running on ebay when I found my Khorns, but it wouldn't have emailed me for hours. BIN for $1075, they wouldn't have been there by then. I found them manually by running a KLipsch search and just going to the last page and scrolling down.

crud, missed again, thats the 4th pair!!!! In the interest of fairness and gentlemenliness on the Forum, did Soundbroker read any of the previous posts on this thread? I posted at 9pm last night my expressed interest and that I was trying to get someone's help here with transport and/or hold. JT1stcalv was nice enough to offer to check em out although he couldn't store them. I appreciate his offer of help

But instead of me getting the speakers, they get snagged by a 'AUTHORIZED KLIPSCH DEALER'. Help me out here people, this is not what I'm accustomed to seeing on Forum.

I just last night, set up with my Auntie to visit her in Tampa so I could drive across state and baby those babies all the way back to Indianapolis with me. My bro and I would be taking my truck down south in Feb cause he has business down south as well. I'd be willing to drive the 15 HOURS to pick up these to add to my meager collection...

Do ya REALLY want em for yourself soundbroker, or will you do the right thing and allow them to go to a Forum member (read: Brother) who promises to love them? Your system profile doens't show that you own a single Heritage Klipsch among your tens of thousands in audio gear. You SURE you want to pay the extra for freight....

If you hang on to this sale, I hope you really enjoy the few hundred bucks you make on the deal. Maybe you can take it to the bank in your CORVETTE! It must be great being rich and living in California.

Michael

Dear Klipsch Friends,

That last post was written in anger in the middle of the night, but I stand by my words. This is not only an ungentlemanly thing to do, but I think if flies right in the face of the brotherhood of FOrum members. Imagine a KLIPSCH AUTHORIZED DEALER buying out from under you!

As an aside, I'm driving personally 5 1/2 hours one way from Indy to Cleveland today to pick up 4 RB5II and KLF-C7 that I purchased from Forum member a month ago. Due to work schedules and holidays he has stored them for me with a down payment. I'm serious about my collection and willing to go to great lengths to get reasonable deals, but I like to protect my investment with personal transport as I know a lot of you do. daveagape2 is the seller today and a very fair Forum member.

Michael

FYI,

Here's how it's supposed to work, from my friend (whom I've never met but call my friend, DrWho). A fellow Forum member won an Ebay bid but got nervous paying for shipping, etc for unheard speakers and didn't trust shipping to deliver in good shape. Here's what a Fellow Forum Friend did for another on a pair of Fortes:

"Has anyone already spoken for these? I have a great uncle in the Orlando area who's retired and could probably go pick these up for me. For $175 that's a steal!

I don't really have room for them right now, but I think I can afford to take the risk and if they turn out to be fine, I might just turn them around to you. I live near Chicago so perhaps we can arrange to meet somewhere and exchange them or something. That's of course if you still want them If they turn out to be a bad deal, then it'll be my loss and I'll have to fix them myself (which I rather enjoy doing quite a bit).

Drop me an email: meb2drwho@sbcglobal.net"

But since Soundbroker is a dealer and broker, he's probably only interested in making a quick buck off of these. Do you think those Cornwalls will ever see the interior of his lavish California estate (complete with Corvette)? I think not.

Michael, while I understand your frustration, it is a free market out there. Ebay is as free market as it gets.

I just saw this thread, but if I had seen it earlier and wanted a pair, I think I would have bought them and then figured out how to manage the logistical side of things. Just my humble opinion.

Soundbroker, perhaps you could cut Michael a little slack on this one? You're certainly not bound to do so, but it might be a charitable thing to do during this holiday season 1.gif

Thanks for joining in Chris. Sorry I was so angry to day, but it's Klipsch Day around here and thought I'd maybe got lucky again this year thanks to the Forum.

I do understand free market, what I have problems with is KLIPSCH AUTHORIZED DEALERS using the Forum to locate deals. Quitely would have been one thing, but he had to BRAG about it us!

Makes me wonder about the whole dealership scenario. Do any of you know of any Klipsch Authorized Dealers who also deal in used merchanidise? Does Klipsch condone this practice? Would the Moderators have any thoughts on this?

----------------

On 12/28/2004 8:14:04 AM Chris Robinson wrote:

I just saw this thread, but if I had seen it earlier and wanted a pair, I think I would have bought them and then figured out how to manage the logistical side of things. Just my humble opinion.

----------------

I think I agree with Chris here. Time waits for no man, and neither do super deals on Klipsch or anything else.

Anyone, anywhere in the world could have clicked on that "Buy it Now" button at any moment and the speakers

would have gone to someone who was not even a Forum member. SoundBroker did nothing wrong . . .