Santa is making a late delivery!

skonopa

----------------

On 12/31/2004 3:29:38 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Congrats Steven, looks like the Mits wiil be a
big
upgrade for you.

----------------

Oh, it will be! Pictured above is a 32-inch Sharp TV that I've had for the past 7 years or so. Going from a 32-inch standard-def to a very high-quality 55-inch wide-screen High-Def is going to be phenomenal!

Steve, wicked cool! You are gonna' love it!!

You're going to need to do some serious relocation work on your components as I don't think that Mits is going to fit into that wall unit you've got.

hmmm.... I just bought a component rack from Racks & Stands to solve me similar problem, lots components that need to be located fairly near the TV.

Wait till you get HD broadcast. My wife and I watched LOST the other night, just because it was on.. sheesh, like being in the jungle with them!!

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Hey Steve, on another question.. I just noticed you were from Fredericksburg, VA. Is that near Lorton? A close friend of mine just moved to Lorton from Massachusetts. He works for Amtrack and took the job as transportation manager of the Miami take your car and get a sleeper run. He likes it down there but misses all his biker buddies (me) up here.

----------------

On 12/31/2004 5:03:51 PM Orange Peel wrote:

Man, you're gonna have to re-watch all your movies now!!! I love my 65" Mits, next up though is a projector!!!
11.gif

----------------

Yeah, tell me about it. In fact, I've yet to watch my copy of Lord of the Rings:Return of the Kings extended edition. I think that is what I am going to inaugerate the TV with. I've get several friends already asking me if they can come over and watch also.

I've also got some friends asking about Superbowl Sunday. The problem with that is that I am going to be in Colorado skiing that weekend. Thier response? "Can you leave us the keys to your house?" 6.gif

I've looked at the 65 inch version, and there is just no way it'll fit in this room. Believe me, for the additional $500 over the price of this one, I would've gone with the 65-incher. But, no way to get it to fit! (grrr)

Still, I've got this one for $2,500, which, in my opinion, is an awesome price for this TV (was told when this set first came out, it was a $5,500 set!). Granted, it is "last year's model", but it looks just as good this year as it did last year (and, in my opinion, just as good, and in some cases, better, than some of the much pricier current models).

----------------

On 12/31/2004 6:47:47 PM Steve_L wrote:

You're going to need to do some serious relocation work on your components as I don't think that Mits is going to fit into that wall unit you've got.

----------------

Yeah, that whole thing you see in the picture above is going to be dismantled. In fact, I've already got somebody that is interested in buying that 32-inch TV off of me. I mentioned that I was getting a new TV and he immediatly asked me if I was interested in selling that one. Apparently, his TV died on him very recently. If, for some reason, that falls through, I may donate to the ski patrol barracks thier at Massanutten, to replace that ancient, POS TV that is currently there (when was the last time anybody here has changed channels using an actual dial? Yes, that is how old that TV is there!).

----------------

hmmm.... I just bought a component rack from Racks & Stands to solve me similar problem, lots components that need to be located fairly near the TV.

Wait till you get HD broadcast. My wife and I watched LOST the other night, just because it was on.. sheesh, like being in the jungle with them!!

----------------

I don't know exactly what I am going to get for a component rack. I do see that Mitsubishi offers a rack that matches the TV. Also, I need to see just how much space I'll have to see what kind/style of rack I can fit there. I'll also need a second rack to store all my CDs and DVDs.

As for HD broadcasts. Although I have DirecTV satellite service, I still get all the local channels over the air. I have one of those huge antennas on my roof (I can get friggan Baltimore channels with that thing! They come in fuzzy, but still very watchable). Just over the air, I can get nearly 30 channels here! The TV comes with a built-in HD tuner, so I am all ready for HD broadcasts.

----------------

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Hey Steve, on another question.. I just noticed you were from Fredericksburg, VA. Is that near Lorton? A close friend of mine just moved to Lorton from Massachusetts. He works for Amtrack and took the job as transportation manager of the Miami take your car and get a sleeper run. He likes it down there but misses all his biker buddies (me) up here.

----------------

Fredericksburg, VA is about halfway between Richmond, VA and Washington, D.C., right on I-95. Lorton, VA is only about a 1/2 hour drive right up 95.

And wishing you a Happy New Year as well.

Steve -

Excellent choice!!!

Be sure to turn down the contrast level (to 50% or less) for each input on the set when you first get it.

Also, don't place the RC7 directly on top of the TV because it will cause the top of the set to sag.

There is a very active and informative Mits forum at HomeTheaterSpot.com where you can get a lot of

other useful information about your new TV.

Dave

skonopa:

Have you looked into constructing your own shelves?

You can easily do them w/ Salamander Designs.

Here is a link to a thread on my entertainment center.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=59011

See if you think you could build your own individual shelves...and save !

Happy New Year and congrat's on your new TV !

----------------

On 1/2/2005 9:46:41 AM toddvj wrote:

Man, I'd be going crazy waiting until Thursday. I'd be calling all my friends who own a truck, and seeing if they wanted to watch some Hi-Def Football today!!!

You're going to love that TV the Diamond Series Mitsubishi's are some of the best.

----------------

No problem with the truck, as the dealer threw in free delivery and setup (plus I have a truck myself anyway, although I would've still needed the friends to man-handle that thing in). But, yeah, but that wait is killing me. The salesman tried his hardest to get it to me on Tuesday, but the delivery was already booked up, so I have to wait until Thursday. Now, to start dismantling my current setup. 14.gif

And "Born2Rock", thanks for the tip on that Salamander stuff. After getting the TV in, I'll have to see what kind of space and type of rack configuration that I'll need, as well that will fit. There is a dealer up in Manassas, which is not to far from here.

Now, this is depressing looking. 5.gif Like I said - say goodbye to that big wall unit. Here is my "system" awaiting the arrival of my new TV. Right now, I'd normally be playing some music on it while surfing the 'net, but as you can see, that is not happening right now. These Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800 speakers on this machine just does not cut it. I already miss my Klipsch, and I have to wait until at least Thursday (actually longer, as I don't even have a component rack yet) 14.gif

ssk-sys-empty.jpg

Oh, BTW, notice the opened window right behind the curtain to the left. Yes, it is that warm here in Virginia right now!

----------------

On 1/3/2005 10:17:05 PM Enigma wrote:

You should clean away all that mess. Not just the tv and leave the spot clear. Clean everything up..start new. Its much better.

-ant

----------------

I thought about that, but there is really no where else to stick the speakers (and I sure as hell not going to lug those things down into the basement). That big box you see there has all my CD's, DVD's and video game disks in it. You could see all my componenets stacked up on the loveseat in the foreground.

Unfortunatly, I am pretty busy over the next couple of days, so the only real time I had to take down all that stuff was yesterday and today (I had to call one of my friends over to help move the TV and put it down in the basement). It took me a good bit of time to dismantle the wall unit itself, and now it is in pieces, stored in the baseement. I'll post an ad locally to see if anybody wants it.

For that matter, if anybody in the general D.C. to Richmond area, that can come over to pick it up, wants it, or knows of anybody that may want it, PM or e-mail me. I really have no room anywhere else in the house to use it again. Also, one of my friends here locally indicated he may be interested in buying the 32-inch TV. I'll talk to him at bowling Thursday evening and see if he still wants to buy it.