KSP-S6 please help!

jonvan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of KSPS-S6s in black that I bought brand new and used for only about 8 months and then I moved and they have been boxed since. needless to say they are in excellent shape. I was going to purchase the new RS7's to go with my setup ( klf30s-klfc7) but not sure how they would sound with this setup ( better than the ksps6s?) I'm in no big rush since all my stuff is still in boxes- but what would be a reasonable price to ask for these if I decided to sell them?

Kman

$700 for the pair OBO or Trade....I am currently negotiating a trade for these speakers with a local Klipsch BB memebr, but will put all reasonable offers on standby.

BLOOMIS914@aol.com

------------------

My main Klipsch system:

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7

KSP-S6's

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates

Niles in-wall volume controls

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer

Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD changer

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Mitsubishi VCR

Pioneer VSX-608 Multi-room amp for Outdoor deck

Polk All-weather AW2's deck speakers

Panamax DBS-8 Surge Protector

Klipsch IC-525's in Master Bath

13" Sony Wega in Master Bath

1 Lava Lamp for Ambience

Fridge full of beer and plenty of Don Julio, Jagermeister and Jim Beam

Keith.. I too saw Bob G's note on RS-7's being a better match to Legends than KSP-S6's. It stuck in my mind because I couldn't help but wonder how they got those titanium domes to timber match the Legends. IMO, I don't think there is a better bipolar speaker to match the Legends than the S6's. They truly sound great. I tried monopoles (KLF20's) on the sides but just don't think those speakers were designed to be pointed at each other with the listener in the middle. During movies the ambient sounds all came from the same pinpoint source. Sure sounded horrible, but then again my sides are only 8 feet from my ears. I put the S6's right back (end of test). Yes, they are hard to find, but they are out there and they sound great.

------------------

Fronts: KLF30's paired with KSW15's, KLF-C7

Front effects: KLF20's

Sides: KSP-S6's paired with Pinnacle Baby Boomers.

Rears: KLF-30's with one KSW-12 in between.

Backs: KSP-S6'S, KLF-C7

Denon AVR-5800

Denon POA-5200 for front effects.

Denon POA-8300 for Backs

Denon DVD-3300 DVD-A with iScan Pro(Prog scan)

Sony KP-53XBR300 TV

Denon DCM5000/DCM5001 CD Changers

Denon CDR-W1500 CDRW

Denon TU-1500RD Tuner

HHB CDR850 Pro CDRW

Tascam DA-302 Dual DAT

ButtKicker/Behringer EX-1200/Carvin DCM-1000

Behringer Edison EX-1 for front effects.

Monster HTS5000/HTS2500

red-eye,thanks for answering my,and many others,question.I guess the problem is finding the S-6's,not so much the price.I'll probably sell a couple pair of black KSP-S6's soon.BTW,heck of a set-up you've got going there red-eye.I know it sounds great.

One more thing.What interconnects do you use receiver to amps?

Keith

I know what your thinking Keith.. "rather than flame this guy, I'll get him to talk about interconnects and then let everyone else do it". I would be a big fan of coat hangers if they weren't so stiff and hard to work with. Most of my friends would not know a subtle sonic nuance if they stepped on one. I'm into Legendary block parties (can't afford the Qman route). I use whatever is on sale at AC4L.com. From receiver to amps it's IXOS-1003 a spiral braid dual shield stereo audio cable ($40 for 3M). Sorry I could not be more objective about this.

I thought the sound of the ksps6s were great witht he legend setup- I also used a pair of KG1.5s for a while also- but like I said before its been awhile since I had everything hooked up ( still in moving limbo)so I cannot give you a description of what it sounds like with all the new dvd material out now- so $700 is a good price you say? seems doable to me- but I would like to hear the Rs7s first.

Kman

No trap red-eye.Thought your speakers and amp were probably revealing of the slight differences in some interconnects.I really don't care what some of my non-believing knuckle head Klipsch brothers think.They are entitled to their opinion,no matter how unearducated.I can tell you that I looked for some time,and found, some Klipsch speakers that I like the sound of.The problem is that in what appeared to be the roll-off of the highs in the speakers,appeared to diminish the mids/hi's somewhat(IOW,wanted the Klipsch sound without the tortuous,squawling,ear bleed highs).Adding an Acurus amp,which tend to be slightly forward,added the lost upper midrange I was seeking.Audio sound thru a Denon DVD3300 is simply,to me,spectacular.The sound at 100dB or so is not coarse,grainy,or sibilant.It is simply more enjoyable.Need interconnects now that will not hurt the sound I am getting from my system and was simply asking for your opinion.Don't blame you for your answer.I step around sh!t too when I see it.Now I know where I can get rid of all the unshielded,shoe string interconnects that came with the various components I have purchased over the years!Good luck to you red-eye.

Keith

Keith,

If you wouldn't mind - could you post your system for us? I'm real curious to see what components you're using...

Thanks,

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Mitsubishi 31" TV (soon to be replaced)

Denon AVR-4800

Panasonic DVD-RP91K

Dual CS-721 Turntable

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Bedroom

-------

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

L/R Front KSP300's

Center KSP-C6

Rear L/R KSP300's

Surround KSP-S6 (2 pair)

Klipsch SW12II

Center sub SW8II

Denon AVR3801

Acurus 125X5

Acurus 100X3

Denon DVD3300 DVD-Audio

Sony 53"XBR RP

Sony MDP455 LDP

Sony CD player ?

AudioQuest Slate

AudioQuest Diamondback

AudioQuest Sidewinder

Panamax Max 1000

Mondial MAGIC box

Closet

KSP300's (3)

KG5.5 pr.

KLF-C7

KSF-C5 (2)

KV-2

KT-DS pr.

pair new grills for KG5.5

new grills for 300's

the last white KSP-S6 grill Klipsch had (4 sale)

88 ft Monster CL-3 in-wall 14X4

50ft.Audioquest Type 6

RS analog SPL meter(80's vintage)

10 years of audio mags(threw out earlier mags)

box full of new factory interconnects like discorules uses because he can't hear what good sound sounds like.

pair of unused golf shoes

I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

And various other misc. audio pieces that all other true audioalohics have in their closet.

Bear in mind that I do not have my HT system completely

wired right now.Searching for good interconnects.

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 08-18-2001 at 09:58 AM

keith, what about that denon 3801 preamp/amp?

u got that hooked up yet? Biggrin.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3, RC-3

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

rock on!

boa,oh yea! Forgot a few items.Need to start a list I guess.

The receiver is partially hooked up(came in from work one day wired it and DVD3300 in 2 minutes flat and cranked up the Eagles)just as are the other components.

Waiting on the last of the interconnects and a day off to finish it up(DVD-Audio 5.1 out to 3801 7.1 in).Sho is gonna sound good!Looks like now I'll probably only use one pair of S-6 surrounds.As is the center and 4-300's are killer.Even surprised me.I'll be posting plenty of DA type questions soon, I'm sure.Happy listenin,

Keith

Well, one pair of KSP-S6's gone!!!! And now I am the proud owner of a perfect pair of Chorus II's (Oak) and a KLF-C7 (Oak). For the record, I gave up the S6's, the five piece Quintets and a pair of SS-.5's for the above. All speakers on both sides were virtually perfect and we both never opened our wallets!! Trade was with local BB member with a veritable Klipsch museum of great speakers!!!

Anyhow, these Chorus II's are big boys!!!! about 90 pounds each and I could barely fit both in my car....They sounded beautiful with some good Jazz piano playing during demo. I can't wait to get these babies hooked up in my house; I got them from my car to the garage and stopped there because I need an extra body or a dolly to move them!!

Thanks all for the input and good luck Keith with your S6's!

------------------

My main Klipsch system:

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7

KSP-S6's

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates

Niles in-wall volume controls

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer

Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD changer

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Mitsubishi VCR

Pioneer VSX-608 Multi-room amp for Outdoor deck

Polk All-weather AW2's deck speakers

Panamax DBS-8 Surge Protector

Klipsch IC-525's in Master Bath

13" Sony Wega in Master Bath

1 Lava Lamp for Ambience

Fridge full of beer and plenty of Don Julio, Jagermeister and Jim Beam

Bartering for goods is a great way for individuals to obtain things want and part with things they no longer use or need. One can also obtain items for future trades or sales. You're wise to wait for help on moving those Chorus II's. You don't want to end up in my present condition, recovering from pulled muscles in back, stomach & groin. Last month I my haste to install 2 Quintets in my bedroom system, I unwisely & incorrectly lifted a corner of my entertainment center to gain rear access. This was done with all components inside and on the unit. My constant pain and discomfort is a reminder to never do that again.

Well I'm back in a quandary again after listening to those S6's on the front channel demo. Before the demo, I was certain that those would be used in a possible trade for Walnut Quartets/Academy speakers. After hearing the awesome sound they produced, I'm now wondering should I keep them for some later integration into changes I might to my systems. HumMove RF-3's, RC-3 & RS-3's to bedroom.run S6's with rear Vertical Cornwall II's. What to do? What to do? Anyone out there interested in beginning trade talks on a pair of mint Walnut Quartets & Academy for an excellent pair KSP-S'6's?

BrettI know you'll enjoy those Chorus II's. Pleasure to have met a fellow Klipsch maven. Well I'm on my way out the door to the "Woodward Avenue Classic and Custom Car Dream Cruise". I love the smell of burn outs and Hi Octane fuel.

Regards...Wes

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-18-2001 at 12:39 PM

• 2 weeks later...

There is a pair on ebay right now......around $450 last time I looked at them.

Still too rich for my blood.....can't believe I pasted up a pair for $350 a month ago.

Good Luck

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rears

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video, Component, and Optical cables

A buddy has a mint pair of KSP-S6 white, wants $550. Send me PM if interested. It's high, but there you have it. They aren't mine. Also has KSP-400 black and Epic CF-4's. Both at about half of new price I believe.