Help with Heresys...

SilverSport

I cannot believe what I just did...I have been over at the HT area talking about buying these F3s for HT and some of you guys have been telling me about all the great Klipsch of the past...well...I went over on e-bay and purchased a set of Heresys...I know the barn door doesn't need closin' cuz the horse has already left but:

Anything I NEED to look for in '80's vintage Heresys?

They were listed as original and bought by the seller from his boss.

back has tags that read Klipsch with the serial numbers (matching in the cabinets) and H-BR...does this mean Heresy Birch???

The serial numbers are sequential and the signature of the tester has a last name of "Cox" that matches the signature on my 1990 vintage KG2s.

Too late for me but what would a good price on these have been?

I think I did at least okay here but I don't want to count my chickens until I see 'em for myself (...and hear 'em)...of course I already bought 'em.

Thanks for any help,

Bill6.gif

You'll love the Heresy's. Anything under $450 would have been a fair price. I think I remember seeing these on there. The dude also had Khorns in the back of the picture, right??

The Heresy's do lack some bass, so a sub is almost a must. PWK always called them 2/3rds of a Khorn. If you dont like them, I'm sure some one will be able to use them on the forum. Good luck!!!

Congrats. Heresy's are fine speakers.

HBR means: Heresy Birch Raw... so it came from the factory built from unfinished birch plywood. Often end users have stained and/or finished them in some way. Nice.

As for price, there is a fairly broad range IMO, depending on condition.

...The photos of the speaker rears are clear but unlike my KG2s the first 2 numbers are not the year...I see hand written 595795/96 and Steven or Sevin Cox as one of the signatures...it also appears handwritten and looks just like the sigs on the back of my KGs.

Thanks for any help...I got them BIN for $350 and I can pick them up...guy lives about 10 minutes from my house and was grateful not to have to ship them...he also stated that his boss used them sparingly and lovingly (called them his babies) and that they were in perfect condition...seller stated that he believes he was the first to remove the grills...yes he had KHorns in the background.

Bill

...and this is all dodger's fault, too!2.gif9.gif16.gif

The third digit you saw as a 5 is probably an S which would make them 1978s a very good year. They should have the metal K-700's and K-55v's. $350 with no shipping is a very good price IMHO. Mine were $380 including the $80 for shipping last year.

That darn Dodger!!!2.gif

ENJOY!!!!3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

3dzapper:

Alright, I checked the pics again and..."you are correct, sir"...that digit is in fact an "S" (hand written) so '78 it is...does the "V" mean they are video shielded ??? Hard to believe in '78 that this would be the case but that is what someone told me.

Thanks for your help...1 and a half hours till I pick 'em up.

Do I need the risers...my brothers Heresy IIs have the risers but the seller said no risers and that they are perfect as floor standers...he has KHorns so I do take what he says with a bit of experience.

Bill

----------------

On 1/3/2005 9:30:13 AM Colin wrote:

One and half dozen Heresy sales on eBay, until August 2004, show pairs of the smallest Heritage box, selling from $200 to $590, establishing the average value at $405.

what are the serial numbers?

----------------

Colin,

I've got fifteen sets of the original Heresy just from 12/8 to about 12/30, ranging from $300 to $440 with an average of $358.06. Only five more from August up through 12/8 seems pretty low.

Congrats on your find, Silversport. Heresies are great speakers.

Gwin Cox did the final assembly and inspection of your Heresys, and I most likely built them. Look for an "A" stamped into the upper left hand rear edge of the side of the speaker cabinets (as seen facing the rear of the speakers). If there is an "A" or a two-letter combination containing an "A", then I built them.

First I take stand on the Fifth.

Second, they'll have a good home.

Third Hi Andy, Hope all is well and you were thought of around the Holidays, Glad you Posted.

Fourth, It would be great if Andy built them. Another point for 6 degrees of separation.

Thanks for the credit Silversport.

as it's 1537 hours he may be hooking them up now. My will is in the safe with any other instructions.

You'll love them.

dodger

Andy it looks like it has "OD" in the upper left corner...I have hooked them up after they were auditioned at the sellers...sounded great over there (Mcintosh stuff) and we listened to several kinds of music...a "test" CD, Anita Baker, Heart to really kick it out...sounded great...he even played music through his '63 KHorns...WOW!!!

Back at my house, I fired up the Nakamichi and listened to some John Mayer "Room for Squares"...listened to No Such Thing through the KG2s...ahhh, this is why I like Klipsch sound...then I hooked up the Heresys...WOW...can these get loud but sound just as great low...listened to the same track as with the KG2s and then Neon and 3X5 and it was very nice...a bit bright (duh) but I have not "dialed 'em in" yet...I could listen to levels that caused me pain...the Nak has never sounded so loud (what must the neighbors think6.gif11.gif9.gif16.gif )

So far so good...since my CD player has quit (running CDs on the Sony DVD player) I think it is time to run out and try to find one of those $49 DVDs that were so highly touted here!

Thanks everyone!

Bill

Guest Anonymous

HDBRbuilder..quick question I have a pair of 79 Heresy with O D A S stamped in the upper left hand rear ridge,A is probably your initial who are the other 3 letters ...regards Tony