Beta testers!

Amy

Picture on first page of Zon is what?

Zon page has buttons for next page, when it is one page of only one

IR control?

ZAC-60 should link directly to Zim-4, ZIM-4 page should link directly to ZR-98 page, dont make me go back and forth to find compatible products

Separate page for Refurbished items, not just ProMedia?

Search by source, MP3, CD, DVD?

Heritage is below Reference pages?

Heritage loudspeakers are alphabetical? Not by price or size?

Help me choose by price, channels and source?

Overall, better, thanks for asking

3.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion:

The site is much better but:

Hey lighten up. Its still too dark overall and difficult to read. The print contrast is hard on my eyes.

The Find a product Choose Go whole thing is cumbersome. A drop down menu that is clickable is much easier and faster. "Go" is an unnecessary step. An example type is at a citibank site.

Example of easy to use menus

Thanks for the opportunity to give our input. Its typical of the Klipsch philosophy and is appreciated.

• Moderators

We're reviewing all your comments, thank you!!

Taking the overwhelming feedback of categorizing the discontinued products, we are now involved in doing that, which is why some of the categories look blank or incomplete. Bear with us as we make those changes...

Guest Brendan Riggs

Hello everyone. Just letting you all know, we have taken your advice and made the discontinued search a lot easier. It was a lot of products to reclassify, so if you stumble across any that did not make it, let us know so we can get that corrected. Thanks for all the feedback!

Hi --

I still couldn't find the Cornwall by searching any of the pull-downs, but could at least find it through a text search. Where is it among the pull-downs? The Forte and Chorus don't seem to be anywhere, even on a text search.

Second, the multiple links can be a sort of jumble of excess, at least in "Heritage" -- clicking "Heritage," "Help me choose," "Floorstander," or "All" each brings up the same thing, namely the 4 current products.

Third, can the 4 Heritage products be pictured a little more on the same scale? As it is now, the Heresey looks like the largest and the mighty K-horn the smallest. I'm most concerned about the K-horn looking so diminished.

I strongly agree with the above comment, to change "discontinued" to Legacy!

Larry

I would agree with colter's advice. And I think the pages are still a bit dark and hard to read with the white type. In terms of the "discontinued" section, you are missing the Academy in the "center channel" section. And you must get the Chorus/Chorus II loaded in the "floor standing" section.

I understand you are listing them alphabetically, to make it easy to find a certain model, but I like having them grouped within their own "line," i.e. Epic, Legend, Heritage, etc.

But things are getting better.

Looks great, MUCH better!!!

Suggestions:

-Make a small intro to each system. Perhapse rank it (Synergy, Reference, THX, Heritage) by price (indirectly, but people will be able to 'see' by triggers such as, for the Synergy line: "Klipsch's best value products" and things like that so people know where to start)

-Divide the exsisting lines of products into: HOME (Synergy, Reference, Heritage), ELECTRONICS (Aragon, ZON), PROFESSIONAL, MULTIMEDIA, etc. This would clarify and simplify the entire process. Also, I am sure the Klipsch family will be growing, and there will NEED to be some more organization.

-Perhapse down the road (I know you guys are busy!), make some sort of selection wizard like Polk Audio has - maybe something where at the least, you can specify WHERE you want your speakers (bookshelf, wall-mount, in-wall, etc.) and it will show you ALL the choices, across all the lines. Trust me, people will get VERY frusterated if they have to search for bookshelf speakers under 2, 3, 4 categories. Make a one stop shop for ALL the bookshelf speakers Klipsch makes (see M&K's or Polk's site, they do it well)

Oh, this is between you and your bosses, but would it be possible to have list prices? I know there are inherant problems, but it is a kick in the balls to be looking at some nice speakers - and then you find they list for $11,000/pr. 14.gif

Also, putting a 'recommeded selling price' or whatever would be nice because if they product is on sale (such as the Synergy's at BB or Reference at Good Guys), the customer will automatically feel like they are getting a deal - win-win for everyone 2.gif

Why not put the suggested retail price?

No one does this and it REALLY frustrates consumers. When I go to other audio sites, I'm literally clueless as to which systems are supposed to be the flagships and which arent. And honesty, those new synergy looks slicker than the reference stuff now, so any old newbie might think they are supposed to be better.

All in all, its much better, I was fed up with the current method of product searching.

----------------

On 1/5/2005 4:45:38 PM lynnm wrote:

The prices were removed,(according to Trey Cannon IIRC ) because International customers were raising Merry Hell with their dealers over the discrepancy between US list prices and International list prices.
----------------

Meh, sounds like a personal problem 3.gif

Seriously, anyone in any country can log on to a website (Good Guys, for example, not to mention forums! Audio Review also gives purchase prices!), or Google for prices. So whats the difference between Klipsch having it on their site and the consumer finding this themselves?

• Moderators

----------------

On 1/5/2005 5:07:05 PM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

On 1/5/2005 4:45:38 PM lynnm wrote:

The prices were removed,(according to Trey Cannon IIRC ) because International customers were raising Merry Hell with their dealers over the discrepancy between US list prices and International list prices.----------------

Meh, sounds like a personal problem
3.gif

Seriously, anyone in any country can log on to a website (Good Guys, for example, not to mention forums! Audio Review also gives purchase prices!), or Google for prices. So whats the difference between Klipsch having it on their site and the consumer finding this themselves?

----------------
Klipsch is a very small company, and it costs a lot to do business overseas. We have to factor in shipping, duties, warehouse facilities, sales representation, general distribution, etc into the cost of our products. It's going to vary by country, so it is not practical to try to maintain it on our website.

Guest Brendan Riggs

Hey everything, thanks again for your comments. It appears the source of the problem has been tracked down and very soon you will be able to search "discountinued floorstanding" and the Khorn, chorus, forte, etc will appear. I am also going to attempt to find a nice picture of the cornwall to take down the picture from the museum. Does anyone hear own one that has a digital camera? If so, please let me know. Thanks for all the feedback, you guys have helped alot! I will hopefully have all those corrected today. Let us know if you run into any other problems! Thanks, Brendan

Thanks for working on getting a cornwall picture.

I have seen pictures of absolutely stunning cornwalls right here in threads on this forum. There should be plenty to pick from (or EBAY).

One pair of decorator corns that someone shared a picture of stands out in my mind. I believe they may have been rosewood refinishes. Sorry, I don't have any other info on them, but the pictures of them are here somewhere. They were great shots. Awesome, classic look. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, you shouldn't have any problem finding great cornwall shots.

Mine are way too ugly.14.gif