I need the SCHEMATIC for the .......

Born2RockU

I need the SCHEMATIC for the .......AK-3 crossover, please.

I know there are two sections involved...

(the woofer crossover parts) and (the tweeter/squawker parts.)

I just aquired the components (thank you TOM )

and need to figure out what components to be eliminated and/or soldered together.

The reason : I want to use this for my LaScala center.

I would appreciate any help in the search, if possible..

I would hate to take up too much of your time, ERIK.

I hope someone here can help !

....and , of course, I am spoiled w/ the L-Pad....could do without it !

"oh, the air the speaker have w/ the L-Pads"

Al Klappenberger:

Thank you sincerly for the assistance.

This really helps me out reaching my goal to use a complete AK-3

in my La Scala center channel.

I didn't get to Marvels' zip yet but the diagram Al posted is what I have. Instead of two 50's paralled in the lower section it has one big honkin' Aerovox 100uf. I wired mine up without the fuses because I'm easy on gear. If you push your stuff at all I'd add in at least one of the fuses.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that the AK-3 is a Klipschorn crossover network and is NOT designed for the La Scala. You will need to convert it to an AL-3 which is the crossover designed for the La Scala. In addition, the AK-3 and AL-3 are designed to work with the K-55M midrange so make sure that is what you have to work with.

• Like 1

I believe he does have the K-55-M. I wonder what the difference is? Klipsch used the AA interchangably in the LS, Belle and Khorn for years? Is that right? I have not really understood how the AA which works with the 400Hz horn in a Khorn or LS also works for a Belle with a 500Hz horn. Anybody know about this? Is 100Hz just not that much? seems like at a low frequency like 400-500Hz it is quite a difference.

The real reason I'm asking about this is because I want to build ALK's for my '60 Khorns, which have a K-500 mid horn instead of the later K-400.

When Klipsch went to the K-55M, they changed the AA that had been used in the Khorn, Belle, and La Scala to the AK Series (Khorn), AL Series (La Scala), and AB Series (Belle) the caps were changed from the PIO's to poly type Aerovox caps, not sure on all the crossover points and autoformer tape settings but they all are different from one another in one aspect or another.

Hey Born, I would not stress over it too much. I have the equivalent of AK-3's in my Khorn mains and my center La Scala has one of DeanG's Jensen PIO Type AA's in it and it blends seamlessly. I added the K-401K horn and changed the spring terminal K-55V to a solder terminal version and I cannot tell it from the K-55M's.

If you want everything perfect I would use the K-55M/K-401K and the AL-3 crossover in your center La Scala for a perfect match to your AK-3'd Khorns. Talk about a front stage! It's awesome!