At last!, the Jubilees are on sale!!!!

Istari

----------------

On 1/9/2005 3:53:32 AM seti wrote:

ok so what is going on with the jubilee? are they going to sell this beautiful speaker?

----------------

Klipsch has no plans to ever sell the real Jubilee.

Trey said in a 11/19/03 post:

****It can't be said with certainty that what we heard is what PWK poses with in the picture. Probably so, as far as the bass bin.

. . . there were only one pair of finished Jubilee speaker. The speaker you see PWK standing next to is one that you heard. The difference is the speaker in the PIC Horn is just pretty. It did not work. No driver on it . . .

What we heard was the same LF with a pro composite horn and the B&C driver.****

paul_w_klipsch.jpg

----------------

On 1/9/2005 8:29:51 AM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 1/9/2005 3:53:32 AM seti wrote:

ok so what is going on with the jubilee? are they going to sell this beautiful speaker?

----------------

Klipsch has no plans to ever sell the real Jubilee.

----------------

I can't believe that I hope PWK haunts them. I guess the computer speaker market is more important grrr. Isn't that one of the last speaker designs he worked on.

A rather esoteric item. Production models would run around $13K -- and who would buy them? How many here have bought new Klipschorns? So, Klipsch should gear up for Jubilee production so they can sell three or four pairs a year? Something HAS to be marketable before it can feasably be brought to production -- that is just reality.

There is a pro version of the Jubilee. If one was so inclined, they might be able to purchase the bass bin, and then DIY the tops and networks. I do think Klipsch should at least offer the home version of the Jubilee as a kit -- in honor of The Man.

Here's what you do, you buy a pro theater version and have Greg or someone else good veneer it up, after market, custom order.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=502&dmore=True&rmore=False

How much are your Jubilee networks, Dean, if someone wanted to throw away (sad waste) the top of the theater version?

187_large.jpg

----------------

On 1/9/2005 1:24:56 PM DeanG wrote:

A rather esoteric item. Production models would run around $13K -- and who would buy them? How many here have bought new Klipschorns? So, Klipsch should gear up for Jubilee production so they can sell three or four pairs a year? Something HAS to be marketable before it can feasably be brought to production -- that is just reality.

There is a pro version of the Jubilee. If one was so inclined, they might be able to purchase the bass bin, and then DIY the tops and networks. I do think Klipsch should at least offer the home version of the Jubilee as a kit -- in honor of The Man.

----------------

I believe Klipsch has what it takes to market the Jubilee properly and get it to market perhaps even a limited trial run. Just seems it would be worth it to bring one of PWK's last designs to market. As far as who would pay for it look at what some people spend on speakers. It seems some morons out there think it can't be good if it's not expensive hell I know some. I call it dollar psychosis. I would bet they would sell more than a couple a year. Hell It would be really nice to see something new come out of Hope again.

----------------

On 1/9/2005 2:20:19 PM DeanG wrote:

Seti -- would it make a difference if I told you that I have it on good authority that the AK-4 Klipschorn sounds "better"?

----------------

Ok now if it is a quality issue that makes all the difference in the world absolutely. That I can understand. You are right a diy kit would be very cool for the Jubilee.

The industrial version is a monster would love to hear that....

I think Dean is right about the small number of Jubilees which would actually be sold. Klipsch sells only 100 pairs of Khorns each year. That's a pretty small number to keep the Khorn in production, I'd guess. Don't have a clue how many Jubilee's would need to be sold to be feasible.

I don't think the home version of the Jubilee is the same as the pro version, and if memory serves correctly, it isn't his design. I believe that in his biography, it is explained how the Jubilee came about and how staff was trying to convince him to send it to production. From what I recall, Mr. Klipsch felt that production costs were to high and could not be sold at a good "value".