Is this a Gem or Junk?

m00n

cause if it's a gem, I'd like to get take it off this guys hands. is it tube or something else?

'Rotel' Analog Receiver: AM/FM,Phono,Aux. Four speaker ports, 150 watts (very powerful and loud, classic analog dial tuner, pulls in stations very very well, AM stations from surrounding states come in very well at night. Has an extra plug in the back to plug in your cd player. It's simulated wood, works perfectly and I rarely use it.

rotel1.jpg

rotel2.jpg

post-9291-13819261503184_thumb.jpg

I bought a quadrophonic sansui for 30 bucks in 1983. I think it was a late 60's or early 70's model, but I don't have any quad sources (8 tracks or lp's). For a while I had it set up to split my 2 channel sources and it sounded "real good". It would also "simulate" quad. I should probably hook it up to something.

Benton

• Like 1

according to orion in 73 there were only 2 rotel receivers. the rx454 quad at 20wpc and the rx800 non-quad at 40wpc.

I think the guy is smoking his lunch telling you its 150wpc or even 75wpc.

I'd say it's neither gem or junk. $30 is probably a good price if you need a receiver for the garage.

----------------

On 1/31/2005 11:53:45 PM Allan Songer wrote:

Two dry martinis and a Chiffonade Seafood Salad at Musso Frank pretty much uses it up!

Gary and Scott are going to LOVE this place!

----------------

Yep, that's a good call there Allan. They'll definitely enjoy Musso & Frank for sure. It's been an LA landmark for years. Heck, why not take them to some of the others like Pink's, Philippe and Canter's too? Oh, and of course no LA road trip is complete without a visit to La Serenata De Garibaldi. Mmmm.....mmmmmm!!