What's your favorite 80's rock album/cd/tape?

m00n

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 2/3/2005 5:33:59 PM BobbyT wrote:

Van Halen 5150

----------------

THANK YOU!!

I was really worried because I had not seen a single mention of Van Halen in the entire thread.

I'd vote for anything VH (though would lean probably towards 5150 or 1984 for '80's era if I had to choose)

----------------

On 2/2/2005 9:43:50 PM m00n wrote:

You guys are breaking the rules. The question was FAVORITE meaning 1, not many... If you had to Pick 1 and only 1 CD to be your fav.

grumble grumble friggen, grumble grumble rule breakers.
9.gif

----------------

Moon..Moon..Moon...

We don't need no Friggin Rules!

1 CD for a decade? You are out of your flipping mind!

1 CD for a year...quite psychotic..

But then again....from all indications...that DefLepord CD may have been the last music that you have purchased

grumble grumble friggen, grumble grumble rule breakers. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/3/2005 5:58:17 PM tpg wrote:

----------------

On 2/3/2005 5:33:59 PM BobbyT wrote:

Van Halen 5150

----------------

THANK YOU!!

I was really worried because I had not seen a single mention of Van Halen in the entire thread.

I'd vote for anything VH (though would lean probably towards 5150 or 1984 for '80's era if I had to choose)

----------------

1984 is an awesome album. But on 5150 Van Halen hit a major growth spurt musically.

True... I've not heard it in forever. Just recalling old opinions, though my tastes have changed now and I'd probably like it nowadays.

Actually, I take it back... Van Halen III was their worst ever. (not from the '80's, though)

I need to buy another turntable so I can listen to my old VH LP's once more...

----------------

On 2/3/2005 10:57:27 PM Dylanl wrote:

Duran Duran - RIO

Simon Lebaon, Nick Rhodes, Andy, John, & Roger Taylor

----------------

Right on... Duran Duran had some good music. A few years ago there was this guy that would call the Mark&Brian show, his name was Durandy. He was a total Duran Duran freak. it was funny as hell to listen to the guy.

Listening to internet radio right now... Naked Eyes - Promises Promises is on... Great song.

LOL, I would have to agree with Clueless.... 1 cd from a whole decade is really impossible, especially if that's the decade you grew up in. There are so many choices... I agree with & have almost everything listed here.

5150, are you kidding... mOOn, that is an excellent album... love the track "Summer Nights"

Duran Duran... wow hard to admit but yes, that was my first concert I attended. My friends mom obtained free tickets through her work, so we went... I believe it was the "Seven & The Ragged Tiger Tour"... I can still remember being harassed at school when I wore the t-shirt lol

You know, 10 would be easy - 1 is very tough. I'm going with one that came out late 80's (it may have been 1990 - but I'm giving myself the benefit of the doubt):

Toy Matinee

They only had one album - if you've never heard of them, try to find it. It sounds great even today.

----------------

On 2/4/2005 7:17:35 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

Mother's Finest LIVE (recorded in Atlanta)

Blues Brothers Soundtrack
----------------

Daddy, that's a blast from the past. I nearly forgot about them. I saw Mother's Finest, Blackfoot, and Molly Hatchett in Dothan, Alabama circa 1978 when I was stationed at Eglin AFB.

----------------

On 2/3/2005 9:10:30 PM m00n wrote:

5150? Really? I think 5150 is by far their worst recording. Well, between David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar era.
----------------

I love Van Halen's music. Heck, they are from my hometown. I was lucky enough to see them many, many times in clubs and backyard parties before they hit the big time. But their recordings are not very good at all on a revealing 2-Channel rig. JMHO