Free The Dope From Hope

WMcD

Gil,

These things are great! Thanks a million, I am really enjoying reading this material.

I would also like to see a FAQ section, but the problem is how do you answer questions like:

"What sounds better, tubes or SS?"

I think that you would have to limit it to more objective material like "what does a capacitor do."

We all forget, but the search function here is really good. Personally, I need spell check!!

Chris

----------------

On 2/5/2005 9:33:28 PM DRBILL wrote:

Thebes,

I was his priest. Saint Mark's, Hope. Years after we left Hope, he and Belle would fly in to join us for Thanksgiving. All that stopped after the FAA lifted his licence. We still kept in touch. We still think of Paul and Belle as family. They are missed. I presented them for Confirmation. Paul served on the Vestry.

DR BILL

----------------

DR, what was Belle like? We don't get much of a picture of her these days, and the Paul Klipsch bio barely mentions her. Was St. Mark's Episcopal or RC? Thanks, Larry

DR, what was Belle like? We don't get much of a picture of her these days, and the Paul Klipsch bio barely mentions her. Was St. Mark's Episcopal or RC? Thanks, Larry

----------------

They were Episcopalians.

Belle "saved the farm" in the early days of Klipsch and associates. She taught school so they would not starve. Self sacrifice out of love for Paul and a love for his (often unrealistic) ideals would be a good characterization of Belle. After the company got on its feet she was office manager (for lack of a better title) and was certainly "hands on" in the daily operations. Late in life she had a chronic illness and disability that was extremely draining on Paul. They lived a very simple and Spartan life together. It is safe to say that there would have been no Klipsch and Associates had it not been for Belle.

As a young man, Paul was maintaining GE locomotives in South America. Paul and Belle were "invited to leave" in a time of political turmoil. She and Paul were married shipboard, by the Captain, using the English Book of Common Prayer. Very romantic!

That about all I'd care to say. They were wonderful people. I would have liked them even if they had run the corner grocery!

Hope this helps.

DR BILL

• 1 year later...

Gill: Thanks for Dope from Hope. I support your request for both a FAQ and a Dope from Hope section on the Forum

DRBILL:

Thanks so much for the information on Belle & Paul Klipsch, and thanks for being their Episcopal priest.

It is heartening to find so many members of the Forum, although technically and scientifically minded, still have a belief in God. I noticed that one gives as his occupation that he "works for a Jewish Carpenter." Science and Faith coexist in so many people, as they apparently did in Paul Klipsch.

Tuning in to almost any NOVA show fills me with awe, wonder, and respect for the great spirit / mind / consciousness behind it all.

One of the many, many things that caused me to buy Klipschorns was to be able to hear the grandeur of the religious music of Bach, Handel, Brahms. Mendelssohn, Schubert, and Haydn. "The Heavens are Telling."