Free The Dope From Hope

WMcD

Gil. You provide so many good insights that I have 'subscribed' to your posts. Most are over my head but it makes me feel like I am trying to improve as a human being. Wish Dad had sent me Catholic school. Anyway, I did not find an attachment on your Dope from Hope post. Did I miss it?

Gerry Ritzert

Gil,

Many thanks for the download of the (pretty much) complete DFH. I have much of the "middle" section which was handed to me by Paul at the back door of the church (some with amusing annotations). Belle was good to mail me later issues after we were transferred to Alexandria, Louisiana. Few will ever know what a heroic part she played in the ultimate success of the firm. "The Book" hardly gave her a nod.

I have a folio of correspondence with Paul. You would never guess that he often got bored. He would pour it off in long letters to his friends. I have this attached to my will in the safe to be released after my death. By then, everyone he mentioned will either be dead or simple!

"There were Giants on the earth in those days..." Genesis VI:iv.

DR BILL

I did this somewhat out of frustration.

We don't have an FAQ section. Many of the FAQs are for the center channel, the polycyliner, room dimensions, and maybe a few other things.

Naturally I'd welcome having the lost and mysterious DfH. And was there a "Cross-Talk" before?

OTOH, I can certainly respect PWK's decision to exclude from the collection some things he chose to.

In any event, the next time we have an inquiry, someone can direct them to the collection.

Best,

Gil

Thebes,

I was his priest. Saint Mark's, Hope. Years after we left Hope, he and Belle would fly in to join us for Thanksgiving. All that stopped after the FAA lifted his licence. We still kept in touch. We still think of Paul and Belle as family. They are missed. I presented them for Confirmation. Paul served on the Vestry.

It was just a happy coincedence that I had a background in audio and vacuum tube electronics. My home town was El Dorado, Arkansas, about an hour from Hope. I have known Paul since I was in High School.

DR BILL

Gil,

Thanks for the DFH. I was born in '72 and it's a kicker to see how much of that was written before my birth.

I guess some principles never change, regardless of what happens to be currently in vogue in the audio world.

Your posted DFH makes for GREAT reading. I'm emailing a copy to my wife's office and she'll have her assistant print it out, three-hole punch it, and then stick it in a binder. It's definitely worthy of keeping.

Thanks again.

Heresy2Guy

I hope that klipsch decides to build on the hard work you put in Gil and post these articles on the klipsch web site...I had these (almost all) printed out but it is better in PDF...btw I just learned that the cornwall b-3 crossover was a big improvement over previous version so if I buy cornwall it should be post ´82 right? warm regards and thanks Gil. tony

71 pages, that is a megilla, some of it looks familiar. I have a 3" D ring binder that I had to put all the Dope from Hope information in that was provided as a download from Jason? sometime ago. It took like an hour to print on a laser printer, are these 71 pages part of it does anyone know?

Amen, Greg! A searchable DFH and FAQ section would be SO useful.

I too very much appreciate the contributions of Gil, and (I say this respectfully) our "elders," both young and old, who are willing to share their knowlwdge and personal experiences regarding electronics in general, and the work and life of PWK specifically.