a trip to colterphoto's place...

DrWho

House was built in 1955 with baseboard hydronic heat (safe, draft free, quiet), The A/C was added later and the ducts are in the attic, Yes the blower unit is in the garage behind the main stacks, but is very quiet. Got to camoflage that grille someway, maybe hang photo in front of it in winter months, ?? in the summer time. It's actually really dark in that corner, so you don't notice it looking at TV, we just had multiple flashes going for the photo session that lit it up too well. It is a bit of eyesore, I'll work on it. Thanks.

Michael

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCoffLF.jpg

Here's the control panel of the space shuttle. PC and Mac on adjoining desks. The iMac feeds the Yamaha receiver upper right. THis will eventually be fed to another amp in the closet, through Niles box and to whole house distributed system for bedrooms and kitchen area.

I'd also like to link the office, main stack, and basement system through line levels so any system could play any input. That'll take some planning and wiring.

Thanks Gary, yes I love the sound of the warm wood in the room. It's one of the reasons I bought this old house. BTW, that's Philippine Mahogany on every wall in the 14x14 office room. Endangered species now I believe, can't even find trim boards. It's the room where I spend most of my time and it sounds gorgeous also.

What would you do with the room Gary? Except for maybe clean it up and put new curtains and furniture??

I seriously can't figure out another layout for the equipment and this serves me pretty well. Any hints??

Michael