Ebay Klipsch Heritage prices are going up

jwc

I have been watchinh Ebay for awhile to gather the heritage collection. The popularity is growing. Check out these closings today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5751516254&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5751513044&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5751512524&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Can't believe that first one. 1225.00$ for one La Scala

It is an interesting idea. In the 100 Heritage loudspeakers that I tracked over the last year, only a few made new highs or lows recently. New lows were made in Heresy, Fortes and Cornwalls in my numbers (some of which end last summer and some last winter). Yet new highs were made at the same time in Fortes, Cornwalls and Khorns.

By the way, looking at my spreadsheet of Heritage sales, it seems as if the lowest price loudspeaker pair sold is often sold near the same time as the highest price loudspeaker sold! Quite strange.

From half-a-dozen sales on eBay, in August 2004: Belle pairs, which share the same wonderful mid and high range drivers and horns as the mighty Khorn, fall off below 100Hz, yet have a tipped up bottom and top-end response (many loudspeakers intentionally tip up the ends of their frequency response), but dont require a corner either, like LaScala but have cloth covered fronts, sold from $800 to 2075 (average $1,352)

From half-a-dozen sales on eBay: LaScala pairs, which also share the same lens and drivers as the Khorn, also fall below 100Hz, their response is rougher but NOT tipped at both ends like the Belles. LaScalas dont require a corner, unlike the Belles they have an exposed front, sold from $750 to $2,504 (average $1,393)

10.gif

Colin...are you tracking them as to condition as well??? I have been looking myself and though I can't say that the top prices have all been for perfect speakers and the bottom for the worst...some of the Heresys I have been watching that sold for less than $350 have been dogs while the one's selling for more than $500 have not been anything particularly special...similar results with some other speakers...interesting.

Bill

no condition tracked as that as well as location (shipping costs) are very large variables dependant on the buyer ( a rough speaker poses no problem to many tweaking audiophiles, a drive across the country is also possible for some, while neither one is an option for others)

----------------

On 2/23/2005 9:42:48 AM fini wrote:

It would be useful to have a searchable database of past eBay auctions that goes back more than the past few months. I wonder if anyone has collected this data?

----------------

Yeah! You can do a search for completed listings just check the search options on the left hand side. Check it and do your search not sure how far back it goes but can be helpful..

----------------

On 2/23/2005 10:20:05 AM dodger wrote:

If most of the high prices were pre-Jamo purchase, I think that's great.

If post purchase, I find that a sad point as to what people think of the Future of the Company.

I do wish that some of those sales resulted in new from the factory Heritage purchases.

----------------

How much marketing does Klipsch do for the Heritage series? I have seen an advertisement for the klipsch book but not for the Heritage line.

I have had a few parties at my house wich usually includes local musicians and some people from a local record label and it is amazing how many people have never heard heritage klipsch. The fun part is when they sit down to listen to something they have produced and they say they have never heard their product sound so good. I know of a couple people that want to purchase heritage klipsch in the future simply because they had a chance to listen to a heritage system.

I love my Belles and I will never part with them.

Thanks PWK!

granted Greg,

and there are variations between models too, so really a range is about all anyone could ask for, at times another $100 was no big deal to get me something I wanted for a long time and would enjoy forever, but bidders like me can throw off the averages...most of the time, I try to buy things below the average price!

----------------

On 2/23/2005 9:46:26 AM seti wrote:

I have been looking for a pair of heresey's in Arkansas for under $350 for a friend for about two months and it is harder than I thought to find. He doesn't care as much about cosmetics as he does sound. Still looking.....

----------------

What part of Arkansas?

----------------

On 2/23/2005 4:41:27 PM CaptnBob wrote:

----------------

On 2/23/2005 9:46:26 AM seti wrote:

I have been looking for a pair of heresey's in Arkansas for under $350 for a friend for about two months and it is harder than I thought to find. He doesn't care as much about cosmetics as he does sound. Still looking.....

----------------

What part of Arkansas?

----------------

Downtown Little Rock

----------------

On 2/24/2005 8:00:41 AM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

little rock ??

ever hear of Terra Renewal Services ??? ...i am desigining some heating equipment for them ...

wondered where they might be.... i gotta travel there from new york ..
14.gif

----------------

I think they are in Dardanelle, AR maybe an hour drive from Little Rock. The area is very pretty but not alot of enterrainment. Hmm is that a dry county? Can't remember still don't believe there is such a thing.