Can't believe my own brother would do this!!

Mighty Favog

My oldest brother, an engineer for GE Aircraft Engines, remarried last year and has decided to move to Oregon from Cincinnati so his new wife can take care of her parents.

A couple days ago he tells me that he has moth-balled his entire stereo system, and bought a set of(gulp) Bose cubes with a Lifestyle system.

This is really depressing because not only is he one of the people that got me started in this insane hobby but he is mothballing equipment such as a BGW 202 preamp, a Phase Linear 400 amp, an SAE 2800B paramentric EQ, an SAE active crossover, a small BGW amp and a pair of AR9 speakers. Granted all this stuff is 25 years old or more but geez! It still has to be better than what he just got rooked from Bose for.

Hmmmm...maybe he's planning to give all that nifty stuff to me so he doesn't have to move it across the country.16.gif

Sounds like the best thing to do would be to tell him that old stuff's out of date and he did a good thing.Then you explain how how great those cubes are they take up so little space,make wife happy etc..etc..Then you explain how much easier it would be to just let you take care of the old set up"keep it up"so to speak.

yeah, Fish has a good idea going...........and because you are such a nice guy, and "blood", you are willing to let him save all those moving costs, storage costs,............and when you relieve him of that old "junk" and take it to a tech to get it made "safe", you can tell him you will even foot one-half of the bill.

----------------

On 2/24/2005 10:00:17 PM m00n wrote:

Hey Tom, what part of Oregon? If you ever make it out to visit him look me up.

----------------

I'm not sure yet. The rest of my family actually found out about the marriage by accident. I was on a website for Probate Court in our county where they have all mariage licenses listed. I plugged in our family name and his first one came up AND his second from just last February. He didn't tell anyone about it and I just met his new bride a couple days ago. She doesn't like to make a big deal of things.

I will let you know if I get out that way though. The furthest West I've ever been is Indiana University.2.gif

----------------

On 2/25/2005 2:25:53 PM kenratboy wrote:

Remind me not to fly in any aircraft that use GE engines
6.gif
- imagine what he substitutes for parts! Take a critical titanium bolt and use a plastic set pin instead!

----------------

I think mOOn posted a photo of one a week or two ago.3.gif

There's a new show coming on - Intervention. He may be a candidate.