Hey Babe, Their Playing Our Song.....

thebes

Music is an extension of love. As some have different systems, there are different genres.

An important song that is applicable to both Genders would be "RESPECT."

A song for W.G. is "You're My Shining Star." She is that

One more for my ex, that truly has been, but I sometimes hold back is Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" and Elton John's "Your Song."

Many say that they cannot bear to hear the personal songs. They should be listened to. They provide a feeling. It may be hurt at first. But then appreciation for the prize that you had and the fact that YOU had that prize, if only for a while.

Even Foghat found the time to slow down and record "But I Couldn't Make Her Stay."

I've added my favouite quote to my sig. John Sebastian has given a lot along withe pleasure of meeting and speaking via telephone.

For each time a loved one goes out the door, "Darlin' Be Home Soon" comes to mind. Even after seeing him perform - from The Lovin' Spoonful to Solo there has always been an inspiration.

For all the girls I've cared for and had a relationship, including my ex, as MYHAMISH so wisely noted, the best to them. They have helped make us who we are. I hope that they are doing as well or better than I.

dodger

Hardly a love song, but all throughout the summer (1987) when my wife and I first started dating we were listening to Alex Chilton by the Replacements. Every time we hear it now we both reach for the dial to turn it up. I am sure she would agree it is our song.

Not really sure why this song stays with me but I had a job that I absolutely hated for a while. On the drive to work for several days/weeks in a row I must have been listening to Semi Charmed Life by 3rd eye blind. Now, any time I hear that song I am immediately taken back to the same spot in my commute. I can see a farm on my left and a narrow two lane road leading to my miserable place of employment. I guess that song come up on the CD about the same time in my commute every day.

I started a thread a little while back about playing songs on new equipment:

songs

I can vividly remember everything in the sound room where listened to the first pair of Klipsch speakers I boughtI do miss the KG4s.

I cant think of any others off of the top of my head, but I tell you it happens all the time that I hear a song and am instantly transported back to a particular time and place in my life. Some are broader like a season or period in my life; others are very specific with a time, place and vision some times even a smell.

Great thread keep it going!

dodger - you need to let go of your Ex and move on. Dude...you're dwelling too much.2.gif2.gif

Ahem....I mostly grew up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. One advantage of the coast was the 20+ mile stretch of US Hwy 90 that runs right along the beach front that has turn-out bays for parking at regular intervals. Perfect for "parking".

(sigh)....My Senior year. Moonlit night with a few streaks of clouds. On-shore breeze wafting through the rolled-down windows of my hot-rodded 327 cu. in. '68 Camaro RS. Moonlight reflecting off the water and the sound of gentle waves coming ashore. Me & Sherry Kingston in the backseat all pretzeled-up and the Craig AM/FM/8-track stereo playing a brand new 8-track of The Doobie Brothers' "Jesus is Just Alright". (sigh)

Tom

Music is pretty amazing when I hear songs on the Sat Dish or radio from different era's I can actually remember what was going on and what I was doing around the time frame of the song's original release.

On the flipside there are songs that I don't care to remember due to what happened to be going on in my life at the time they were popular.

----------------

On 2/28/2005 11:52:53 AM Tom Adams wrote:

dodger - you need to let go of your Ex and move on. Dude...you're dwelling too much.
2.gif2.gif

Ahem....I mostly grew up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. One advantage of the coast was the 20+ mile stretch of US Hwy 90 that runs right along the beach front that has turn-out bays for parking at regular intervals. Perfect for "parking".

(sigh)....My Senior year. Moonlit night with a few streaks of clouds. On-shore breeze wafting through the rolled-down windows of my hot-rodded 327 cu. in. '68 Camaro RS. Moonlight reflecting off the water and the sound of gentle waves coming ashore. Me & Sherry Kingston in the backseat all pretzeled-up and the Craig AM/FM/8-track stereo playing a brand new 8-track of The Doobie Brothers' "Jesus is Just Alright". (sigh)

Tom

----------------

Hi Tom:

No dwelling, just a point of how she has been perceived so I just kind of have my say here. Plus they are songs that I like either way.

My Wife and I will be celebrating 23 years on April 17. A blind date that worked.

dodger

EDIT: one of the reasons that I don't talk about my wife is she doesn't like to be mentioned on the Forum.

And I don't go much into her family as they didn't care for a Divorced, Episcopalian that wasn't a big Yankees fan.

My Father-in-Law did not even dance with his Daughter in the Father - Daughter dance.

I became accepted as they found I knew law and sound.

END EDIT

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, the band we hired promised they would have the song we wanted for the first dance (something by Lionel Ritchie). At the reception, with 5 minutes before the first dance, we were informed that they did not know the song. In desperation we asked what songs did they know.

As a result, we danced to Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love you".

We are still together after 20 years, but I absolutely HATE that song. My wife doesn't like it either.

Any time we hear it, we laugh, knowing that we are perhaps the only 2 people to dance as man and wife for the first time to a song we hate.

Doug