Death Of A Dream

RFK

It is sad to see the computer rendition Klipsch had of the coming Reference Premiere Series. The rendition showed a tweeter horn below the midrange horn and woofers that emulate other high-end brand speakers. It can be argued that having the tweeter in the middle is a good thing sonically but that is not what I am talking about. Every series that Klipsch has introduced after the Legend Series is becoming less and less "Klipschlike". It seems Klipsch is becoming a follower of other speaker companies philosophies instead of sticking to their traditions. Paul Klipsch said "We live in the midrange". The elimination of the midrange horn on all Klipsch speakers except the Heritage Series and supposedly the new Premiere Series (Even Though the New Premiere Rendition Looked Like A Kef/Klipsch-hybrid) with its centered tweeter tells the story of Paul Klipsch fading from the Klipsch Company's philosophy. I am not saying that Klipsch makes bad speakers now, I am saying they are definately losing their "Klipschness". I am not going to argue with anyone for this is my opinion. Watch Klipsch yank this observation off the message board-if that happens it shows they are uncomfortable with this observation.

John---I agree. And those Premiers or whatever they are remind me of the new Cerwin-Vega home horn line (which some report are quite good).

Don't worry about Klipsch censoring your opinion though, they allow a great deal of freedom here, to be frank more than I would if I ran Klipsch.2.gif

A serious question:

Horn technology can be take so far - do we stay with the best it can do or do we go after the demographic age 25 - 49 with disposable income.

The Heritage line is not having the orders placed for new delivery. Some of us are at fault for mentioning saving money by buying used. It then looks as if a number of models are changing hands, but not new.

The Company has to accept a myriad of low to high powered amplifiers, HT, 2 cxhannel plus the fact that some do not want the Large Heritage - either space or taste considerations.

I dislike change as most - maybe more, but as I age, I have no choice but to accept it.

We had a higher end "Swap Sheet" of sorts. They Ad Reps would come to get ads placed by local dealers. But we did not receive it as the "median income" was not high enough.

The majority of consumers are not familiar with Heritage Line Speakers. Unless they do hear them at someone's home.

But what they seem to want all are beginning to look the same.

It is a shame.

The question of resting on laurels came up. So new come out, granted they may look like others, but one should listen and compare before a harsh judgement.

dodger

Klipsch has to make money to survive. That's the bottom line, like it or not. With the popularity of HT, most people just aren't gonna cram 5-7 heritage-size speakers in their family rooms.

I miss the horn mids, too. That was the best thing about the heritage line, IMHO - that ultra clear midrange.

I do like the looks of that Reference Premier system that klipsch has shown. But since the mid horn is no bigger than the RF-7 horn, I assume it doesn't go much lower than 2000Hz either - not a true midrange driver; more of a heavy-duty tweeter!

PWK found a niche with Khorns, that niche still exists... at 100 units per year, iPod systems however could easily be 200K units every year, can't blame them, least they could do is give buyers of Klipsch iPod systems full credit towards new Khorns!

;)

Guest Anonymous

it kind of reminds me of a song...... makes me feel like dancing....

i think this topic has been beat over the head to death and then beaten all the way to heaven or hell what ever you choose.....

"Some of us are at fault for mentioning saving money by buying used."

The amount on a yearly basis that trade hands on eBay is only a small percentage of what Klipsch made in ONE YEAR at the peak.

Not even a blip on the radar 'scope.

i'm only here because of PWK tradition, but it's a new era ,i think it bold of Klipsch to expained, an take care of use old heritage users at the same time, i hope they sell a ton of em it will only benifits this site an maybe the 'll get so big they will start maken retro models just like the car companys, only in the fullness of time will we know how they fair