Does anyone else find the Henry Rollins picture embarassing?

Randy Bey

Odd that this thread is so interesting...despite the fact that most of the discussion here has nothing to do about the title of the thread.

For the record...I'm in the camp of two separate systems for HT and 2 Ch....but...GOD BLESS HT! and GOD BLESS THE LLC! Do we really think that Klipsch would still be around if all they sold was Heritage or focused solely on 2 ch? Thank you Klipsch for keeping the Heritage series alive even though it's probably not profitable. When was the last time any of us actually saw Heritage speakers on the floor at our local retailers? The regular mailers I get from my local (High End?)audio shop does not feature a single 2 ch. only amp or receiver. Mac, Krell, B&K all selling HT rigs. If selling copper colored woofers or Quintets or computer speakers keeps Klipsch profitable and able to continue making Heritage...then YOU GO BOYS!

I don't think Randy or anyone else would blame Klipsch speakers for sub par sound in HT (as opposed to 2 ch.)it's really more the electronics and formats? Right...otherwise he would have 2 KHORNS, 2 LaScalas, and a Belle all surrounding his TV. I don't buy blaming the mixers of HT soundtracks...they don't determine the amount of compression that takes place in order to fit all that sound information onto disk...they are just assigning placement and levels.

Maybe some of us Heritage owners should remember that we bought our beloved classics USED (I know I did). If I didn't have the oppurtunity to buy my LaScalas used...I probably wouldn't have been able to justify the expense of Heritage. Klipsch didn't profit from my purchase of LaScalas...I doubt they turned much profit from my ordering of some parts for those LaScalas. They did however profit from my past purchasing of new KG's and Synergy Series speakers for my HT set-up.

BTW...I'm a fan of Henry Rollins (Let your BLACK FLAG fly!) and thought it was kinda cool to read that he uses Klipsch speakers. I listen to all types of music...even as Gil so humorously put it ...even dead people...like THE DEAD KENNEDYS!

Dave

Well goodness gracious. We're all princes of the non sequitor. Myself included.

Henry R. seems to have something to say about the industry and his appreciation of Klipsch speakers. I can only imagine that is why it was presented.

What do we call the pictures? Hunky agressive? Anger police, please give us your read.

Henry R. was linked to the Heritage series.

Heritage series was linked to HT.

I complained about old magazine ads.

HT is linked to mixing techniques.

Next link to The Dead Kennedys.

Boy, they don't call them threads for nothing.

Gil

Klipsch hereby approves use of the RF-7's, RF-5's, RF-3's, RB-5's and RB-3's in 2-channel systems.

Just in case there was any confusion. ;-)

Hey, we make speakers. We want to sell lots of them. If the customer wishes to create a quality home theater system, we feel our product is well suited due to exceptional dynamic range and detail. These characteristics also apply to proper 2-channel reproduction. Yes, selling 5, 6 or even more speakers to every customer is better for Klipsch than selling only 2, unless the price is held constant. Even then, who are we to tell anybody how they should entertain themselves. Some people would rather have the best possible 2-channel combo while others will have more fun with a multi-channel system. Strokes for folks.

Keith, Your speaker cable (lampwire) and interconnect comments are killing me!!!! I find myself looking for your humorous posts on that pandora's box of a topic!!!

Now I must go find my Clarence Carter CD and turn it up real loud and see if "Strokin'" sounds better in 2CH or 5CH....:D

I gotta have it all---- 2CH and HT!!

------------------

My system(s):

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7 (2)

KSP-S6's (2 Pair)

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Chorus II's

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates

Niles in-wall volume controls

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer

Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD changer

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Mitsubishi VCR

Pioneer VSX-608 Multi-room amp for Outdoor deck

Polk All-weather AW2's deck speakers

Panamax DBS-8 Surge Protector

Klipsch IC-525's in Master Bath

13" Sony Wega in Master Bath

1 Lava Lamp for Ambience

Fridge full of beer and plenty of Don Julio, Jagermeister and Jim Beam

Hey where's Horned when you need him? If ya need over the top Klipsch, ask Ed! I'm curious to see Klipsch's quarterly sales reports at the time Ed bought his speakers--I'm sure there was one smilin' sales K dude somewhere! Prolly took the next month off...cwm32.gif

Only kidding, Ed. We're just jealous, that's all... Since I only have one pair, I feel Klf30 envy cwm36.gif

I don't find the Henry Rollins picture embarrassing at all. He's one of the most sincere rock artists. He's intelligent. He makes some great music (I can understand some people hate this KIND of music, but then we're talking personal taste here).

What's more, the first task of any loudspeaker is to reproduce music; it's normal and it's good to see a small part of the site devoted to music. Because some people seem to forget what this stuff is all about. i know some people who listen to sounds coming from loudspeakers, and not to MUSIC. I work in a records shop, and it's sad to see many audiophiles buying records just because they sound good, and nothing else.

And the fact that it's actually a rock musician, and not a jazzman or a classical conductor for example, just shows how much klipsch is open-minded, and i can't help but admire it.

Finally, and you can believe me, henry's music sounds great on Klipsch speakers, specially on the big ones from the heritage series...

I have no idea who this Rollins guy is but his picture makes me tense.

What makes me more tense is the flash intro. Flashy animation with a purpose is one thin, but just to be flashy adds no contentand is annoying.

To me, this sends a message exactly the opposite of my view of the "Klipsch Listening Experience"; i.e., realism, clarity, and no frills bs-free audio engineering.

rollins is the guy in that movie "Heat" that gets the $&*# knocked outta him by pacino. maybe some consolation to the rollins haters. i haven't listened to any of his music much, but gotta like any guy a bit more if he owns klipsch Smile.gif

that movie btw has imo the best shoot-out scene i've ever seen or heard. 3 hrs long movie though. drags some between the "good scenes".

This message has been edited by boa12 on 08-29-2001 at 04:57 PM