FS: 2003 Klipschorns

Deang

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that plot is not that great but I too do not know what driver was used, this guy is one of a couple who I see making wood horns...the real point is these guys can make wood horns to order...the trick is what flare, contour, etc. that is why I say dean should check out Dr. Geddes, get a horn design and have a wood horn guy make it. tony

A lot of good information Tony. Thank you.

I spoke with Joshua Hall on Friday. We had a good discussion. He wants me to write a letter, and send it to him via email. He said he would pass it "up". I'm going to ask that Klipsch produce, and make the Jubilee horn available. I pointed out they already produce and offer the bottom section, so why not just make the horn and sell it? It won't be in wood, but at least it will be "right".

I've had three offers on the Klipschorns: two from the west coast at the asking price, and another for $4000. I declined all three. I don't want to ship that far, and I don't want to take a beating. I was obviously hoping for a bite from someone within driving distance.

The two posts that banged me the hardest were Jeff's and Maron's. I hated Jeff's post because I knew he was right -- I would sell and then regret it. Maron's last post just made me feel stupid -- such an obvious and intelligent solution.

I'm sorry Dean. We will not let you sell your Klipschorns. That's it, no further questions, comments, opinions (even strong ones!), or thoughts on the matter.

2.gif

...this is of course none of my bee's wax! Those big horns just know you're thinking about putting them up for adoption, Dean. Look at them, just sulking in the corners now, where they once stood tall and were proud to play amazingly life-like music for their Papa! They even have wonderfully hand-crafted custom crossovers!

----------------

On 3/20/2005 8:23:04 AM DeanG wrote:

15.gif

You know what they say Erik, Time wounds all heals.
1.gif

----------------

Even self inflicted ones?

There must be a way of playing with the tweeter/squarker without parting with the Khorn. Forget the bass bin for now - or use the ones you have. they X-over at the same 600 Hz dont they? Prove to yourself you can make the top part first - then go for the woofer section if you really want to.

I am also of the opinion that the Jubilee Pro bass bin is not the right place to start. If you can do the top part (the more difficult) building your own bass bins should be a breeze - relatvely. At least you know that part is doable...

Thinking about it the Hebrew word for the RAM's horn is actually "Shofar" not Jobel.

Not that it matters - the Max Shofar is so far away from being produced is aint funny...

When I build my big 2 way folded horn its gonna be round - with the tweeter - midrange in the middle to get that point source thing going on - got a very basic design - no idea how to build it though.