Paranoia Strikes Deep�.

thebes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah Yes, 4 way Window Pane, try Traffic, the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys, it will mellow you down, it will wear off, you'll be fine, those BAD Twins......................or take a walk with the Doors, When the Music's Over............Turn out the Lights!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Zappa 'We're Only in it for the Money/Lumpy Gravy' double CD. A curiously inconsistent piece which started out to be a BALLET but probably didn't make it. Featuring Suzy Creamcheese on telephone.

'Hi boys and girls I'm Jimmy Carl Black and I'm the Indian of the group', [whispered voices] they're all in the control booth right now wondering what i am saying heellllllooo frank zappa

[loudly] BWHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA- [Eric Clapton voice] GOD, it's GOD, I SEE GOD, [singing] everytown must have a place where phony hippies meet, psychedelic dungeons popping up on every street. I will go do a place and I'll start a band i'll be in a band that's what i'll do and the girls will see me playing my tamborine and swirling and dancing and playing my tamborine. Concentration moon, under the hills and valleys. [singing] Don't cry, gonna go bye-bye, suddenly bye-bye. Cop kill a pig, pow pow pow. With all of my friends still running free, hair growing out every hole in me. American way, threatened by us, drag a few freaks away in a bus. What's the ugliest part of your body? Some say your nose, some say it's your toes, but I think it's your mind [tape speeding up] your mind, your mind is sure ugly yes it is......

Yeah I drifted off to this yesterday afternoon and after walking down a curvy path and coming into a clearing, discovered that I had been given the gift of flight. It was a bit unnerving at first but I soon was able to safely leave the planet and skim over the treetops for a bit. Exhilarating. Awoke to a slightly metallic taste in my mouth and funny headache. What time is it anyway..

If you get this CD, turn on Flower Punk and listen to it REALLY LOUDLY

and you guys wonder why I can do johnyspeak?

Michael

Zappa for sure, along with the Velvet Underground.

The Incredible String Band with Robin Williamson and Mike Heron. You didn't really need any acid for that one.

mescaline at home alone. You friend is making up doses and gives you some to try. Not bad you say, but what you don't know is he ups the amount in each cap a whole lot and you get some of those. So you say to yourself "I'll do two this time. The last ones weren't quite what I like" Blam!!! Now we're talkin'

Sometime later things are almost back to normal.

Was that illegal? Is there a statute of limitations on this stuff? I'm just glad I survived.

LMFAO, that reminds me of a gypsy like girl who used to come around and make up 'holy water' for us by soaking little squares of paper of water in glasses, the dosage was a complete guess. She brought stuff from ToysRus meant for ages 2-5 which seemed appropriate after the guys with the grappling hooks took hold of the corners of your mouth so you were stuck with the perinnial grins. Oooddles of dooodddles paper and finger paints led to body painting and then the cosmic revelations in a belly button lasting for what seemed to be hours only minutes instead and when will this ride ever end? Dont' they realize that my insides are turning into wax and melting? It's so hot in here, or is it cold? I can't tell anymore. If we made it out to the bar we were promptly tossed for laughing outrageously at the horriditiy of the band gawd they are soooo bad and we just have to leave shhhhhh they' ll hear you.

For us the album was Pink Floyd's "Meddle", especially the "Echoes" track. Long nights spent in a candle lit room that a prevoius inhabitant who was an accomplished muralist had painted especially for such journeys. Flowing ferns in a day-glo orangle background, a stormy night sky on the ceiling, etc. Spider cider was the apertif. You could pick em fresh by the sackfull on the right day, boil them down into small cupfuls........[<:o)]

Genesis "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" also has some very trippy passages. Also "Supper's Ready" on "Foxtrot". They never were the same after Peter left.[:(]

So what do you have that bends you mind, gives you the heeby jeebies or makes you say whoa, what was that!.

thebes,

Try reading "The Long Emergency" by James Howard Kunsler. That'll put you in a different world. Unfortunately, depending on what you get out of it there may be no way back out. It makes global warming look like a nice day at Disneyland.

Leo

Oh, going through all my records I stumbled across Little Feat "Day at the Dog Races" from "Time Loves a Hero."

It helps me to temporarily forget about The Long Emergency until the next time I need gas, or electricity to run my stereo.

Leo

Gee, thanks Leo. [:)]

The world is winding down while we play. Or because we play perhaps.

One of my best friends was into shrooms. Boil them down and mix with KoolAid to kill the bitter taste.

How many didn't make it back alive? We'll probably never know.

Kunsler, that name sounds familiar to me. I garb it up when I'm at the library which should be within the next few days.

It was really spooky playing all this stuff last night with the Forum down and unable to combat the heebie-theebies.

I'll post more later, but right now the walls are starting to melt and

my amp is talking to me. "What's that you're saying Hal, stress

pills my ***.... gotta go"

Actually, back in the days when my friends and I would eat acid and sit in my panelled bedroom for hours listening to music while watching the panelling dance with a 3-dimensionality that still creeps me out, we'd save Pink Floyd's, A Nice Pair (side with Astronomy Domine) for when we peaked. Those hallucinations were so vivid, actual faces would poke out of the walls and speak to us and everyone in the room heard them. I had a WHFS poster (Home Grown Radio it said) with a mountain made out of the DJs faces. They spent most of the night laughing with us (or at us?). I cannot remember.

Listening to that album gives me flashbacks to this day. I play it every couple of years when I become nostalgic.

Oh, and who was to know that 20 years later, one of the DJs in that poster that spoke to me on so many occasions when I was just a teen would become one of my best friends. Yes, it was Bob Showacre (better known as "Bob Here") who came on the air after Weisel at 6:00 every evening. Folks from the DC area probably remember Bob and the early days of WHFS.