Single Forte?

rplace

Looks like a single damaged Forte if anyone needs one to fix up or for parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61378&item=5767584342&rd=1

This is the same company that resold my Academy that UPS damaged and paid full claim on. Looks like they are a clearing house for Klipsch speakers that UPS kills in shipping...so sad.

I have no connection with seller...just passing on info

Based on my experience I think they sell what UPS pays claims on. Surely if a claim has been paid it is because it was abused so baldy that the receiver did not want it. Most people probably think they are getting a deal when in fact they are getting broken stuff. This one comment sums it up nicely:

Mislead! Broken Product! Packed in Garbage. What I get for thinking I got a deal

Not that I am sticking up for the company or anything...but there are a lot of stupid people out there. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

This could be a great deal for a forum member in Phoenix. Local pickup is allowed, so hopefully no further damage. This is from the seller's FAQ section:

All customers are welcome to pick up their product in person at our local facilities. Should you choose this option you must first pay for the product using the automated check out link and be sure to choose the "local pickup option" so that you will not be charged for shipping. The Bargainland facility does not accept payment of any kind so be sure to complete the payment link prior to your visit and bring a copy of your invoice to help facilitate the pulling of your merchandise. Please remember that any purchased product that is not picked up after 30 days will remain the property of Bargainland. Our business hours are Monday through Friday 9 am - 3 pm. Our Phoenix street address is 3401 West Buckeye Road, Phoenix, 85009.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks I was the winner of this Forte. Yes the cabinet was trashed, but I was mainly after the squawker. I still have the woofer, tweeter and XO if anybody needs Forte parts. Tested and working fine. The grill is good too. I would like to offer it to a forum member before I go to ebay.7

Willing to trade for a good K77 ??????????????????

Todd

By the way I pay cash at pickup at this place, but you gotta pay before you even see the product. People need to understand that it's a liquidation center, and everything they sell is either damaged or not working.

I bought a Promedia 5.1 system from them that didn't work for $15.51 last year. There was a wire disconnected in the woofer box. I bought another 5.1 woofer with two 8" drivers sans plate amp for $.01. I built a back panel and installed a passive crossover and it is now doing duty in my wifes office.

As long as you know that what you are getting is defective, they are a good source for projects IMO.

Rick