Labelles (?) $300 in Florida

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/25/2005 10:57:22 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Gary's Khorns given were given to him by someone he'd never met before. You can't beat that.

----------------

Yes you could. You could have someone pay you to haul their Klipschorns away!

----------------

On 4/25/2005 2:45:44 PM Parrot wrote:

----------------

On 4/25/2005 10:57:22 AM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Gary's Khorns given were given to him by someone he'd never met before. You can't beat that.

----------------

Yes you could. You could have someone pay you to haul their Klipschorns away!

----------------

Do you know someone that got paid to haul some away? I can imagine it happening.....someone pays to have a basement/attic/old house cleaned out and the "junk" hauled away. Amongst the junk, under a thick layer of dust, is a beautiful pair of Khorns. A lot of people would have no idea of their value........ That would be sweet!!

Rick.

----------------

On 4/26/2005 2:59:07 PM magicsky wrote:

makes you wonder ? wonder if it's one of your own ?
6.gif

----------------

Not me!!

This is the kind of guy that most likely drinks his own bath water. I bet he sells used cars. He will of corse have to pay for the gf lawyer bill. lol, ya right, this scum bag is in the by and sell racket. Maybe he should buy some ethics.

Roy

It's funny, I was talking to a guy last night that helped me regarding packing of huge speakers. He is a big seller on eBay and I explained the situation to him.

He replied that this is America and blah, blah, blah. Then I further explained how this whole thing was blatant abuse of the forum and what its about. In addition, this a****** is coming back in to rub everyone's face in it.

Finally, I asked him:

"What's worse than that?"

His response was classic. He said:

"Being him, that's what. Imagine being that guy."

He was absolutely right. Imagine being that prick, MagicSky. The thought made me cringe.

Enjoy your profit, scumbag. Now go back and prepare your trailer for hurricane season.

Nobody here is going to believe those Belles are a 9 out of 10 cosmetically. How could you refer to the huge rings on the top as "water spots"? With the water damage and the chips that are shown in the pictures, those would rate about 5 to 6 on the Audiogon scale. There is probably more damage than the pictures show.

From Audiogon:

"6 / 10 - Fair - 3 to 4 minor scratches, or 1 major scratch, appears used."

"Speakers: may have one major scratch that shows through the veneer, but no longer than 2", and no deeper than 1/16". Grill covers may have to be replaced to look fresh."

Rick.

Get this, I write in a question on the new 'private' listing.

Ask "so why did you make this a private auction, so people can't read the questions and know you paid $300 for these a week ago?"

Response " no, so if someone on the forum wants to bid, no one will know"

He really thinks one of us might actually purchase these from him! Lotta cojones, this one!

Michael

I still think about 100 forum members should take the time to set up new ebay accounts and bid the heck out of them any time he lists them. Then default on the buy.

Eventually he will need to get his 300 back, probably when his brilliant kid needs that college cash that he squandered at Hooters and various strip clubs in the greater St. Pete area. We will offer to take them off of his hands for 1000 Bucks. I'll put up the 1K for my center and GIVE the other one to the forum member who does the most bidding.

Sound like a plan...watch out for the lawyers2.gif

Well I have only had an ebay account since 1999 with 100% positive feedback both buying and selling. This might be the right cause to tarnish that perfect record.

Oh, I almost forgot about the "lawyer(s)". I better be careful with my jokes or I might find myself in a Fl court. Actually that is pretty scary considering the way the like to fry people down there. Almost as scary as TX. Gotta love that down home, southern, folksy, valued, good, morale, compassionate, Bush family. They are about as ethical as our Klipsch reselling friend. Ah, but I digress I apologize for my lapse, no coffee yet.

Don't forget to alert the tax officials after his completed sale as I am sure that they will be interested in some of his windfall. 6-7% of $1200 or more would be worth their while, what county is St. Pete in, we have the guy's complete name perhaps an anonymous phone call to the local tax assessor would be in order.