Burger King Giant Breakfast Sandwich - Look here!

meuge

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that this sandwich is ridiculous, I also think that people are responsible for their own actions. I would NEVER eat one of these monstrosities, but that doesn't mean Burger King shouldn't be able to sell it if people will buy it.

Also, I can't wait 'till the no-carb fad dies. Wanna lose weight? Exercise.

----------------

On 4/22/2005 2:14:54 PM dblue wrote:

While I agree that this sandwich is ridiculous, I also think that people are responsible for their own actions. I would NEVER eat one of these monstrosities, but that doesn't mean Burger King shouldn't be able to sell it if people will buy it.

Also, I can't wait 'till the no-carb fad dies. Wanna lose weight? Exercise.

----------------

I agree. People choose. An old saying is people choose their own death, but people choose their own life.

I do not feel it should be removed. As I stated, people must take responsibility for their own actions. Good or Bad.

For those of us over 40, I don't know how we made it without the protectins that are now in place.3.gif

Common sense and responsibility are going out the window.

We need fences and signs to tell the young not to play on Railroad Tracks.?

My brother and his wife smoke cigerettes and pot daily. His wife tells me "her grandmother lived to be 90+ and she smoked, drank whiskey and ate greasey food daily too"!

I wonder how long after eating, those blood samples were taken?

I didnt realize your blood could change like that....always thought it just stayed a pretty blue/inside and red/outside color.

I just went to the Burger King website to see what was actually in the sandwich:

Specialty Bun

Sausage Patty (2 halves)

American Cheese (2)

Bacon (3)

Omelet Egg (2)

I find it funny that these very items are served daily on a plate at a family restaurant and no says a thing about it but you stick all on a bun and people freak out. Personally I like 2 eggs scrambled, white rice with gravy, fried liver mush and biscuits. I have this maybe once every two months. The place I go gives you so much that I can only eat about half of it, I bring the rest home. I had never heard of rice for breakfast until moving to Rowan County NC.

Grateful11

----------------

On 4/22/2005 6:38:46 PM nicholtl wrote:

Ask them if they had a good 4/20 this past Wednesday.

----------------

2.gif

4 years ago, on 4/20/2001, I bought my home and signed the papers at 4:20 in the afternoon. On the way home, I stopped by and got two double cheeseburgers and a large fry, and the total came to $4.20 with tax. There was another 420 later that night.

but I digress... in October of 2003 I began the Atkins diet, and followed it to the letter (no caffeine, no processed foods, etc). I lost 40 of the eventual 100 pounds that I would lose. My cholesterol went from an already high 260 to an insane level of 393 (with HDL only at 27). My boss had also started the atkins diet, lost weight as well, her blood work stayed great and her cholesterol actually went down. I LOVE meat. I wish that had been my result! Alas.

For myself, I had to go the vegetarian/lowfat/exercise route. I've stayed at 185 for nearly a year now, and my cholesterol is 150 (HDL 60) without drugs. I've come to really enjoy vegetarianism, but every Sunday at dinner is my 'cheat' meal... fried chicken, pork chops, omelets, ice cream, apple pie, fajitas, whatever I wish, and however much I can stand at that one sitting, I eat. It has kept me sane.

One thing the Atkins diet taught me... I eat no trans fats and (extremely rarely) processed foods. I have resumed caffeine consumption, however. I like coffee too much. My 14 year old son, however, will not consume anything remotely considered healthy by anyone except skim milk. Other than that it's double cheeseburges, fries, chips, cheese, beef jerky, etc.

If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, try something else. Sorta like the music you enjoy. 9.gif

Forrest

Woodog,

I never recommend Atkins, but if it works for someone that is great.

Only about 75% of the population will benefit from diets like the Zone or Protein Power per the author of the Zone.

I am very pragmatic when it comes to diets. A vegetarian diet does not work for most folks, but for those that it helps, go for it. I suspect that your planned "cheating" is a key element to its success. It not only helps with your attitude, but you are likely to get essential proteins missing in your daily diet.

Bill

If we go with the usual way warnings and changes come and so, this may be deemed healthy in a couple of years.

Kind of like the reason we pay so much for prescriptions - the testing to make sure that the medication is safe.

Then it can be pulled off for health reasons a couple of years later.

dodger

Every now and then one of those Whoppers are delicious3.gif And after they redesigned their fries they were even better.

My favorite is mexican food!---rice beans salad and of course chips with cheese dip and salsa. Not Taco Bell or any of the new commercialized places either, the really small resturants where the people really do speak Spanish.

American food?...it's ok I guess....good for old people2.gif

The worst thing about fast food of late was a dirtbag who calimed she found a human finger in her food!And many people lost their jobs! I would jail the scumbag and give her 25 years of hard time.

America has a justice system so corrupt and full of holes,any Joe Blow can eat a few spoons of cement and sue the company for not placing a GIANT... DO NOT EAT label!

Sue sue sue,sue anybody for anything.The lawyers are like hogs on a pile of fuming compost.A disgrace

----------------

On 4/24/2005 9:22:44 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

Ever had the Double Whopper with cheese? Yummmeeee!!!

I used to use "buy a whopper, get one free" coupons and make one giant sandwich out of the two. Am I sick or what??!!??

Rick.

----------------

You do know what that greasy food will do to your complexion, don't you?

Toollat.jpg