What are you listening to?

charlieboy

Herman Foster Trio on Argo

"Ready and Willing"

Those rolling block chords just KILL me every time. I LOVE this guy.

Sadly out of print--was only available on a Japanese CD back in the 90's.

Original LPs are rare and $$$$.--you see about one copy a year on ebay.

Gary--you want me to make you a copy? You will LOVE this record!

Currently, listening to:

Threshold - Extinct Instinct

Another excellent progressive metal band. For fans of Dream Theater and the like, definitly worth checking out.

Earlier, I was delving into some classical. I was listening to Orff's Carmina Burana. The performance by the Philidelphia Orchestra conducted by Eugene Ormandy with Rutgers University Choir directed by F. Walter. Was quite an experience. This is something I would love to go see an actual performance of.

The Thresher album ended, and now I got Elvenking, Heathenreel, playing. Now, this is more up the alley of those that like Rhapsody, Gamma Ray, and the like.

Gamma Ray, Kai Hansen?

Yup, and they scheduled to play here locally on May 2nd at Jaxx! I am so going to try to go to that!

This Elvenking album is friggan kick-@$$! This is pretty awesome stuff there!

The Thresher album ended, and now I got Elvenking, Heathenreel, playing. Now, this is more up the alley of those that like Rhapsody, Gamma Ray, and the like.

Gamma Ray, Kai Hansen?

Yup, and they scheduled to play here locally on May 2nd at Jaxx! I am so going to try to go to that!

This Elvenking album is friggan kick-@$$! This is pretty awesome stuff there!

Dude I will have to look into that. Kai sounds great on the old tune Ride the sky. Remember that one? You heard of that Katatonia? A freind of mine told me to check them out tonight actuallly, and it's A OK in my books.

Dude I will have to look into that. Kai sounds great on the old tune Ride the sky. Remember that one? You heard of that Katatonia? A freind of mine told me to check them out tonight actuallly, and it's A OK in my books.

I'll have to go dig out my back catalog of Gamma Ray, My Bad - Helloween, tunes to find that "Ride The Sky" track. I'll have go check out that Katatonia, as I've never heard them. What do they sound like?

Elvenking ended and now I got Megallan, Impossible Figures on. This is very much progressive rock/metal. Think Dream Theater, Kansas, and ELP all mixed up into one. Pretty unique and interesting sound.

I'll have to go dig out my back catalog of Gamma Ray, My Bad - Helloween, tunes to find that "Ride The Sky" track. I'll have go check out that Katatonia, as I've never heard them. What do they sound like?

Elvenking ended and now I got Megallan, Impossible Figures on. This is very much progressive rock/metal. Think Dream Theater, Kansas, and ELP all mixed up into one. Pretty unique and interesting sound.

What do they sound like? Hmmmm that is a toughy really. It's pretty good ( growing better by the moment ) more progressive rock / metal.

Katatonia- Viva Emptiness is the album