RF7 JUNK!!! HA, HA... Quality control, engineers apply :-)

thirdeye

Well guys a couple weeks back I was looking to fix a bass problem with the RF7s, in turn which was also seeming to make them Bright So I started the Bi-amp thread and found it too not be the answer and to get an EQ... Well, to make this a very simple story, I have Changed amps, Changed wires, changed everything but the Kitchen Sink...

The Whole time, It was not THE ROOM, NOT THE electronics, THE SPEAKERS!!

the Crossover would TURN on and OFF, CRACKLE and POP everytime I touched that WIRE harness!!! But the bottom would never COME on but FELT like it was driveing due to the Upper one making it move..

• Klipsch Employees

I have seen wires come off in shipping. That sounds like what is going on here.

Remove 4 screws and put the wire back on...no big deal... Other than they are NEW and you should not have to do that.

Good luck on returning them for a wire off.

My suggestion would be to put the wire back on and save your back by not hauling thoes big suckers back...

If you need help understanding how to do this, Please call tech support or me.

1-800-klipsch

my ext. is 8520 , I may not be at my desk so leave a mesg. and I will call you back.

----------------

On 4/23/2005 10:55:16 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

Remove 4 screws and put the wire back on...no big deal... Other than they are NEW and you should not have to do that.

My suggestion would be to put the wire back on and save your back by not hauling thoes big suckers back...

----------------

That's just wrong. 15.gif

Anyhow, I hope I did not offend Klipsch they are a Stellar build and sounding speaker, but Common Guys MONSTER cable in there is the Marketing Hype, PUT SOME good SCREW down or SNAP in terminals to solve this absolutly Rediculous problem for a 2,000 plus set of speakers... Not asking much, and it is yes a simple problem..

WE found that the Lower woof just Completly fell off, The little tabs were just not Bent down at all and would never have interferance fit enough to stay connected.

I am not so mad about the speaker as how the Short of the two terminals together was Hammering my amps without knowing. They would touch and kill the system, Does the Klipsch 5 year Warranty 4000.00 & 5000.00 MONO blocks along with this?

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 4/23/2005 12:33:48 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

----------------

----------------

That's just wrong.
15.gif

----------------

You left out part of the post...

1-800-klipsch

my ext. is 8520 , I may not be at my desk so leave a mesg. and I will call you back.

What is wrong, I even gave him my phone number....

I agree, it would have been nice not to have that type of stuff happen, but it does.

My guess is that most anyone that has shipped something has had a problem after shipping at lest once.

The connectors are snap lock connectors...and yes, if they would have been snaped into place this would not have happend...that is a QC problem.

When I was in Tech support I would get a call about this type of thing about once a month or less....

1 out of about 4000 units is not a bad problem rate...However, that does not help you.

If you need help getting your speakers right let us know...If not, enjoy!

Hes not saying you are wrong Trey just the situation of a high end piece haveing something so simple yet dangerous be known to happen and KEEP happening.

But no biggie I'm back with the music now screw the technical stuff, I am much happier Knowing my speakers were screwed up since I bought them 2 weeks ago, and now Know dont trust the Visual or Touch test on drivers ever again.

One should always use the general rule testing a speaker when you get one new or used.

I have always tested all drivers by putting my ear next to each to make sure each is

working and sounding the same, amoung other test, and this should quickly tell you if

there is a problem or not. Never trust not doing so!

I just got new RF-7 and mine are working great and sound really great. I did have one problem with the speaker post on one of the speakers with the HF - post, when I went to screw in the speaker cable, it turned endless and wouldn't tighten the cable. I had to un-screw the round speaker post plate and tighten the part inside and that fixed it. Mine says it was tested by

Brenda Wyatt and how she missed that problem, I have no idea because it was very easy to notice if you turned to tighten it. Sounds like some QC needs to get more attention. Hope Klipsch fixes them because the RF-7 is a great speaker to behold!

Klipsch is always very helpful and look after their customers if there is a problem so, I have to give them that in their defense. Enjoy your RF-7's, you are going to love what you hear!!!!!!!

How does a wire connector come loose on an expensive 90 lb. speaker? What quality is the spade connector(?) on those speakers?

I once bought a nice set of bookshelf speakers that had a rattle on one bass speaker. I bought them cheap and when I opened it, I found a dribble of hardened glue that had dried while hanging millimeters from the cone. Plucked it off and had a nice set of speakers until I sold them. Crappy workmanship happens. I figure it must be too expsnsive to test listen to every speaker before shipping. Hence, overhead replacement costs.

gorilla transport companies can often shake lose connectors, etc. you should have the seen photos of a shipment of speakers I recieved fromchina once, cones shot out of speakers from being dropped, evey type of damage possible...a connector being shaken loose is NOT atypical...tony

----------------

On 4/23/2005 1:16:29 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

----------------

On 4/23/2005 12:33:48 PM Thumpelstiltskin wrote:

----------------

----------------

That's just wrong.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif">

----------------

You left out part of the post...

1-800-klipsch

What is wrong, I even gave him my phone number....

----------------

There's nothing wrong with you giving the guy your phone number, that's why it was not included. But do I really need to explain what's wrong about the rest of your response? Especially the "Good luck on returning them for a wire off" remark. That really sucked.

Give me a break. No dealer is going to ship two speakers back for that particular problem. They might have you bring in the one speaker, take a peak, and do the 30 second fix, which is about all it would take. Believe me, I have plenty of experience with the RF-7, and once those clips are on - they're on. BTW, the RF-7 is not a "high end" speaker -- it just sounds like one. At any rate, Trey's response was wholly appropriate, and as usual, he went way above and beyond.

Steve,

Take a look at the price of B&W 800Ds. They are $20,000 per pair. There was a guy over on AVS that either had a bad woofer or the wire was loose on his $20,000 speakers.

Wilson Watt Puppies and other models are also spendy high end speaker.

I agree with Dean's comment that RF-7s are mid-fi priced for high end sound.

Bill

High end speaker would be Lowther's, B&W 802b's, Bang & Olufsen. Speakers that have real wood instead of cheap particle board. B&W 802's are a sight to behold, blow the RF-7 out of the water in terms of build quality and engineering, they look so beautiful with the seperate midrange on top and the tweeter on top of that. and they are HEAVY sob's too boot.

OK I can go for that.

I would just think that price would not play such a big part of calling it high end or mid-fi.

What would keep someone from throwing a ok speaker together and making it look really cool and spending money on advertizing and getting endosments and then charging a rediculous price for it.

Would that automaticly be called a high-end speaker.

Sorry I was not trying to highjack this thread

Steve