• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 18 years later...
On 4/27/2005 at 1:03 AM, 3dzapper said:

Most of the Speakerlab corner horns I have seen are equipped with square magnet 15" K-33 clones which are most likely made by Emminence, Atlas squaker drivers similiar to K-55s and EV T-350s. Since these were customer built, many from the plans alone, the individual's driver selection might be different.

Rick

Only The super seven's and super K's came with T-350's with ferro fluid in both tweeter and (Atlas) mid drivers. Standard seven's and K's came with EV T-35's with no ferro fluid. I have one pair I built from plans in 1976, and one pair that were factory built. After refinishing the factory built ones, I must say, I did a better job with attention to detail. 

2 hours ago, Jim Fitting said:

Only The super seven's and super K's came with T-350's with ferro fluid in both tweeter and (Atlas) mid drivers. Standard seven's and K's came with EV T-35's with no ferro fluid. I have one pair I built from plans in 1976, and one pair that were factory built. After refinishing the factory built ones, I must say, I did a better job with attention to detail. 

The WA4000 tweeters that came in the SK's I picked up last September had ferrofluid in them along with the Atlas mids.  I removed it from both; they sounded better. Not to mention it was 40 years old.  But I'm not using those tweeters in my rebuild.