OT- New Honda for Me

Thought I should tell my bestest buddies in the whole wide world (that's you guys) I'm getting my new 2005 Honda Accord on Friday. This will replace the one that plummeted down the ravine at IndyKlipschFan's place last fall and has subsequently been hit twice.

This will be my fourth Honda, third Accord. Going for the EX package this time, with manual transmission for mileage and sporty driving. Pretty BLUE this time.

I just love my Hondas! I buy em new and run em into the ground. The last two have gone about 200,000 miles with no breakdowns whatsoever.

Michael

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krusty-

I would wait to put synthetic oil in a new car. Maybe 7,000 miles or so. The rings and other parts need to mate to each other first. If memory serves the initial oil Honda puts in is of a special "break-in" blend. Most synthetic oils are SO good they never let the break in happen, could end up actually blowing oil past the rings.2.gif

That's the biggest reason I bought an Acura TL-S. Honda reliability and good dose of umpf.6.gif

I'm happy for you Colter......

My wife has an 2001 Acura CL and other than firm seats and a firm riding car it is fantastic inside and out. If at all possibe Honda or Toyota would be my next choice for sure, they are absoloute quality vehicles.

......Pat

Good choice, Michael. Honda's are made to last forever. They'll run even if you're 3 oil changes overdue. Just rode in a 2005 Accord V-Tech the other day for the very first time, and it's a very comfortable ride. Good handling, but not too stiff. The leather seats are quite luxurious. And the stock sound-system isn't half bad either.

bsafirebird1969:

you guys are CRAZY ...

Synlube .. never change yer OIL ...??? ....

no WAY, Dude ...

go to "bobistheoilguy.com"

i run Shell Rotella, like the Big Trucks do ... "

A good friend of mine, works in Vibration Analysis, for a large paper mill. ( Norampac, in Red Rock, Ontario ) He attended a 2 day course in lubrication, put on by an Esso representative.

He is also a contributor to the forum on "bobistheoilguy.com". Interesting to see the viscosity at 100 centistokes, on different oils, and their respective pour points.

Congrats on the Honda.....I'm sure many trouble free miles await you. I'm a Honda/Toyota believer myself.......best cars in the world, IMO.

I'm also a believer in synthetic oil products. I've seen cars with 225-250K with engines dismantled that used synthetic oil (in this case, Mobil 1) and those parts look amazing. Made me a believer....especially when you consider what cars cost. So yes, I would also run the Dino oil for two to three changes (2500-3000mi interval) - then switch to synthetic.

Sure, the synthetic is more expensive, but cars are more so - and if you drive 'em til they die, synthetic really is like buying time.

Hey Michael -

Congrats on the new ride. I too have owned H*nda's - both cars and mo'sickles. Great products. The wife present ride is like that of Tom Blasing - an Acura TL-S. Car will haul ***. LOL...I even have a H*nda lawn mower sitting inthe garage.

Oh - and about that synthetic oil thing. The same people that buy synthetic oil are the same ones that believe in, and purchase, expensive speaker cables. 'Nuff said. 11.gif

Enjoy the car Michael!!1.gif

Tom

----------------

On 5/3/2005 7:00:45 AM Tom Adams wrote:

Oh - and about that synthetic oil thing. The same people that buy synthetic oil are the same ones that believe in, and purchase, expensive speaker cables. 'Nuff said.
11.gif

Enjoy the car Michael!!
1.gif

Tom

----------------

Synthetic lube also keeps GE-F110 engines in F-16 aircraft spinning. The hydraulic fluid for the landing gear and flight controls is also synthetic. I worked them for about twenty years, but I don't recall the Air Force purchasing exotic speaker cables...