• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 5/8/2005 9:38:03 AM Piranha wrote:

You're a mafioso, so it's no wonder tough guy.
2.gif"
I know, call me ignorant, but I am not into Sinatra, sorry.

And who likes 80's music? I prefer 60's and 70's myself.
9.gif"
Now leave me alone so I can enjoy this Tiny Tim 8 track. I just love Tip Toe Through the Tulips. Now that's good music!
1.gif"
----------------

Hilarious !! I really chuckled at that one Tom !!

----------------

On 5/8/2005 11:27:58 AM jt1stcav wrote:

The "F" word, eh? That's what Craig says every morning now when he's trying to get up out of bed! I know I'm only 42, but getting my back straightened out after getting up makes me feel like I'm 92!

Happy "F"ing birthday indeed!
7.gif
----------------

In all reality since I gave up my construction business and went at NOSvalves full time and in a serious way 1 3/4 years ago I have no Back, Neck or body aches to talk about. I'm happier then I have ever been in my entire life and I owe it all to the Klipsch Forum membership. It's hard to believe I stumbled into this forum 3 1/2 years ago started messing with tube amps with Mark Deneen, Allan Songer, Kelly and others direction. Those early days were just a blast as Kelly and Mark competed for a audio sole2.gif Aaaahhhh what a ride it has been.

Craig

----------------

On 5/8/2005 8:45:49 AM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 5/8/2005 12:27:48 AM Piranha wrote:

??? WTF ???----------------

Come on Tom not all great music was made in the 80's I personally have always been a Sinatra fan! Give the swing big band stuff a listen you may find you like it.

----------------

----------------

On 5/9/2005 9:11:12 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Happy BDay dude! Sorry I'm late (as is normal for anything over the weekend!) I hope it was a good one!

----------------

As you can see in his post above, Craig had a very good time over the weekend. Apparently he got extremely intoxicated as well. 2.gif

"System of a Down is so cutting-edge that they shouted the F-word on Saturday Night Live last night."

Does this mean that I have to start "looking at the man in the mirror" and "beat it" because "Billy Jean is not my lover" cause I'm "bad, I'm bad you know it." Seems like I might be out of touch? Or is that touching something I shouldn't??? (LOL at Michael Jackson)

Paul, I agree when is symply saying the "F" word on TV somehow make you cool, hip, wonderful, a Rock n roll GOD?

Lets face it...

30's - 40's Singers sang standards...

50's birth of Elvis sound Rock and Roll starts..

60- 70's

After a great 60's (Beatles etc where musicians wrote their own music) and 70's rock n roll died with 20 min guitar and drum solos...

70's 80's

people wanted to dance.. Disco emerged.... MTV started...

Backlash at the start of pre packaged music made to be cool rather than music that found an audience of like minded people..

A slight new wave/ punk music lived a short time...

90's

packaged boy / girl bands kicked in... If not for green day nirvana some GNR type sounds that at least sounded fresh.. RnR died for 3-4 years to once again re ammerge with screeming non understandable lyrics terrible playing and big production.

2000's...

I am not so sure the record execs know what to give us and perhaps that's the problem.. They want to give us something rather than go out and see what is working and try and capture that feeling.. Instead were now left with 10k catagories where do you fit in, do you sound like him / her, and hey screw it all lets bring back the oldies in our catalog pre packed diferently too on CD dvd.

At perhaps the most what could be exciting time music wise Ipods are allowing us to turn off the radio... Heck 5 companies control like 80% of the airwaves in major cities anyhow... That's why when you travel, your same ole same ole music is playing too.

Our local guys that really live here in Indy.. Bob and Tom are mere shadows of what they once were especially content wise...

With rare exceptions one song here, one song there.. Music is in a HUGE slump and has been the last few years IMO. When a non singer of a famous (Jessica Simpson) sister who can sing Ashley Simpson can sell more records than probabaly all Jazz, classical, 95% of all RNR acts... Tour, make millions... (I know popularity does not mean anything but it is the music these kids feel speaks for them...) IMO it is pretty sad... And as much as her bowl performance off key.. "Makes me wanna scream!"

Just a few random thoughts... But ya know crap still sounds like Crap even on Craigs equipment with Heritage speakers too. Happy belated Birthday Old Man!!