BOTTOM OF K-HORNS

I don't know about the teflon sliders but I use the plastic usually round "disks" you find from Wal-Mart or just about anywhere...I have wood floors tow and I was able to move the K'Horns around okay...

Good Luck,

Bill

----------------

On 5/8/2005 10:36:26 PM Tom Mobley wrote:

I'd use three...

----------------

It may seem odd, but Tom has a good point about the three sliders. Heresys have three (metal round feet) and always sit flat while Cornwalls, which have four... won't.

The only drawback is each slider will support about 55lbs, which raises the risk of denting the wood floor when moving them around. Using four would only reduce that to about 42lbs. Perhaps a better solution would be a larger the foot, therefore a lower the pressure (PSI). Eg: three 1" dia = 63PSI while three 2" dia = 18PSI

Don't know if this is a true concern, but obviously softer hardwoods like birch have a higher risk.

Rob

???

I just used an old towel that I trimmed up (errrr....down) to size.

What am I missing?

Mine sit squarely on their bottom, I can slide it easily forward/back and I got the old towels out of the "rags" pile so my wife isn't angry about me using her good stuff. I guess the downside is if you really look, I don't have all the edges perfectly hidden, but then again, mine are not in their permanant home. When they get moved I'll be more energetic in making it all nice & tidey.

Seems to work perfectly fine AND was the right price too

1.gif

I use area rugs from Kmart, the non-skid type. Put them under the Khorns with the rubber side up so I can move them around and the Khorn won't slide off. The hardwood floor doesn't get a scratch.

Works like a champ. The Khorns don't even know they are there. Can just see them under front edge of the Khorn (could have put them further back, but was not unhappy seeing them).