V-Caps

Any Klipsters that are biting at the bit to try some V-Caps I have OEM statis there so I can get you some what of a deal on this Ultra expensive caps. I would love to try them and may do so later in the summer when money permits. The deal is not huge and in small quanities it just means we get the 25 retail per purchase price more or less without buying 25. But hey a few bucks is a few bucks. These caps are getting rave reviews if that means anything.

Craig

Craig. I don't know if you saw the folllow-up to my earlier post elsewhere, but I tried out the Mundorf Supreme-Oil cap cap this weekend in the midrange xover in my Forte. Very nice improvement over the Auricap which I was using. The V-Cap too has been getting good reviews. Seem comparable in price.

----------------

On 5/9/2005 6:59:20 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 5/9/2005 6:51:38 PM mike stehr wrote:

Bend over.....

----------------

Yup, NOSValves is driving!
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> lol

Sorry Craig, I couldn't resist. Is fini rubbing off on me?

----------------

No, but I think I may have influenced Craig a bit...:

"But hey a few bucks is a few bucks."

1.gif

Why would anyone spend that kind of money on capacitors?

I would really hate to have to buy four or six of them....aren't Auricaps popular anymore? Yellow went in favor of Black?

The V-cap Teflons do interest me as well...but you can get a whole lot Russian Military Teflons for the price of one V-cap.

I like the Russian Teflon caps, and I gander that these would be even better yet.

But I'll never know, I can't afford it......

----------------

On 5/9/2005 8:05:27 PM mike stehr wrote:

Why would anyone spend that kind of money on capacitors?

I would really hate to have to buy four or six of them....aren't Auricaps popular anymore? Yellow went in favor of Black?

The V-cap Teflons do interest me as well...but you can get a whole lot Russian Military Teflons for the price of one V-cap.

I like the Russian Teflon caps, and I gander that these would be even better yet.

But I'll never know, I can't afford it......
----------------

Yea but Mike you won't spend more then $5 on a amp !!

Oh there definitely cashing in on these babies for sure. You won't see me buying but for kicks I thought I would check and see what kind of OEM deal they offered and it wasn't much LOL !! I sure would like to try them though.

I'm no where near as cheap as some people I KNOW some people I KNOW can put a nickel between there cheeks and squeeze it into a dime. If you think this maybe you then it probably is........ 2.gif

Craig

WOW!!!!! "Variable Stage Quadrant Dielectric"

ever see those jokes where you pick one word out of each of 3 or 4 columns to make up a catchy phrase?? I wonder if botique electronic marketers really think up this stuff up or if they've got one of those cheatsheets? Personally, I think they all use the same one, pass it around.

----------------

Sorry Craig, I couldn't resist. Is fini rubbing off on me?
----------------

Now, that conjures up a nightmarish image... And if you have to ask, then yes, there certainly was a rufi in your drink.

current leader in this field has to Cardas, partsconnexion is selling their stuff. absolutely classic audiophile marketing gas:

"Cardas Golden Ratio Capacitors feature two Golden Proportioned dielectric layers, separated by a metallic which produces "Retained Energy Scaling". The amount and rate of energy released is split between the two dielectric receptacles in proportion to their constants. This composite dielectric eliminates the resonant signature of monolithic dielectric and provides constrained layer damping."

V-caps don't have constrained layer damping, wonder why they left it out? :)

----------------

On 5/9/2005 10:18:46 PM ben. wrote:

----------------

Sorry Craig, I couldn't resist. Is fini rubbing off on me?----------------

Now, that conjures up a nightmarish image... And if you have to ask, then yes, there certainly was a rufi in your drink.

----------------

lol.......you've outdone yourself once again ben for the best post ever. lmfao

The problem with the Russian Teflon's is there HUGE !! They will hardly fit in anything and are very limited in Values. I have some but.... I would need a separate chassis to mount them on. Not very practical.

Craig

----------------

On 5/10/2005 9:08:11 AM NOSValves wrote:

The problem with the Russian Teflon's is there HUGE !!

----------------

I know!! You can fry a whole dozen eggs at one time, and still have room to reheat last night's piroski, comrade!

----------------

On 5/10/2005 9:31:39 AM fini wrote:

----------------

On 5/10/2005 9:08:11 AM NOSValves wrote:

The problem with the Russian Teflon's is there HUGE !!

----------------

I know!! You can fry a whole dozen eggs at one time, and still have room to reheat last night's piroski, comrade!

----------------

When upgrading,don't throw out those old paper caps festering with wax, try frying them like sausages in your Russian Teflon pan, they are rather tasty, you would be surprised. Good with them eggs. Had some this morning.

c7s

"The problem with the Russian Teflon's is there HUGE !! They will hardly fit in anything and are very limited in Values. I have some but.... I would need a separate chassis to mount them on. Not very practical."

Yup!

Those V-caps seem to be fairly smaller in the coupling values. They get big quick in the larger values.

Where is the .047 uF value? Seems the most common.....

Another thing about the Russian Teflons is they are magnetic. Found out once when one stuck to a speaker magnet.

----------------

On 5/10/2005 10:21:55 AM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

When upgrading,don't throw out those old paper caps festering with wax...

----------------

With one lead snipped, they make dandy mood candles, too. Once I get the BerryWhite I ordered, I will be good to go (with the ladies, that is!!).