How COOL is this?

Gang,

So I learn about a Harmon Kardon 730 on this very Forum board, except it's in Boston and I'm in Indy. Seller is moving far far away and doesn't have time to ship. So I start emailing him and asking for help from Mass. Forum members. In the meantime, the seller gets a nibble from a local guy, so I think this beauty of a receiver is gone. But I stay persistent, begging members for someone to pickup the unit for me and ship it or bring it to Indy at Pilgrimage, etc.

Seller emails me this am, and other buyer wasn't THAT interested, and seller just wants the unit to go to a GOOD HOME. That would be me gang! Tells me that if I can get a pickup done, it's mine.

About same time, I notice fairly new member Natgun, a young friend with recently purchased Cornwalls is from Boston area. I'd helped him with advice on digging inside his Corns, refinishing etc. Putting 2+2 together, I email him. He outright asks for the other guy's email which I send him. At this point I figure maybe I've got 50% chance of pulling this off. But I stay positive.

Just got back from a few meetings, check my email, and THEY'VE SET UP TO GET TOGETHER TONIGHT AND SWAP THE UNIT, and Natgun is being cool enough to ship it to Indy for me for the cost involved in shipping. He's probably taking an hour and half out of his evening plus shipping time to help a Forum member he's never met and barely chatted online with. You're my hero dude!

THIS IS SOOOOOO COOOOL. This is exactly what this Forum is all about, members helping other members. It works both ways.

Thanks to Roundwave23 for posting the sale here and Natgun, thanks for helping out.Thanks also to all the other Forum members who offered assistance in this transaction.

Michael

Nat is on his way to pick up the unit as I type. I'm psyched this worked out so well. These little receivers are seriously underrated in the audio world, IMHO. And the effort gone in to making this work is another one of those gems that shine so bright. Great work, and yes, pay it forward! And a big shout out to Klipsch for providing the forums.

Peace from Massachusetts,

(Soon to be Seattle in t-minus 6 weeks)

(another) Michael

Michael,

The 730 is sweet. Mine (purchased from Jim COrnell) arrived this morning. I got it for a friend of mine and almost hate to pass it on 2.gif .

This one has a slight ding in the bottom edge of the faceplate, but it isn't very noticeable at all.

My oldest son has a 430. They are nice receivers.

Marvel

Just got off the phone with Natgun. My 730 is safe and sound with him. Nice young guy. We talked for prob half hour about Klipsch, Cornwalls, LaScalas, CornScalas, Heresy, Ref series. Sounds like he's learned a lot here in the past couple of years. Y'all welcome him aboard when he makes posts, okay?

I'll let him tell ya the story of how he already knew the seller of the HK receiver!

Michael

so i get this sorta pannicky e-mail this morning from some dude in indiana, whom i have never met or talked to before about picking up a reciever for him somewhere in boston.. i was feeling in a generous mood, and felt like returning the favor for some of the great advice ive gotten over the past coupple years here on this forum..

so i get the e-mail address of the person selling the reciever, and shoot him a message. of course it turns out this guy had been over to my house a few months before to listen to a pair of heresys i had for sale.. almost like it was meant to be.

anyways, i know how it feels to be totally consumed by trying to find a particular peice for my stereo. it took me almost 3 years to find a local pair of cornwalls, so i felt for him.. anyways, it was fun to talk to him on the phone, and was glad i could help. sounds like he can give me some advice on how to setup and upgrade my corns, so i might have to give him a phone call again some time.

heres a pic of the offending unit on my diningroom table. im gonna hook it up to my system tomorrow or friday and give it a good critical listening.. lets see how this thing compares to my acurus preamp and nakamichi stasis poweramp :)

HK1.jpg

Nat, you done it again! Actually took the time to photograph the 730 (offending units- I like that)and post to board and email to me. Thanks again. It was super cool talking to a fellow Cornwallophile last night. You've caught this bug at an early age. If we can get you out of Boston, you can afford a proper home and probably will have Khorns before you reach the ripe old age of 35.

Gang, Nat tells me he was WOWED by Heresy at the age of 10 and never looked back! He's definitely one of US! I'm sure he had better things to do that hunt down a reciever for a guy he'd never met. Looking forward to getting the big bad boy plugged in, but I told him he'd better have a few days fun with it first. This would sound KILLER on a pair of Corns, don't ya think?

Thanks again Nat!

Michael

If there is a manual with that 730, I will gladly pay for a copy of it. I can't find anything but the specifications online anywhere. I tested mine out last night. It is a very quiet amp, with plenty of power (okay, so it's only 40 wpc).

Marvel