Vintage gear

And to think I let a HK Citation II Preamp and Amp slip through my fingers from my ex father in law. Had no interest at all in the stuff at the time.

He passed away back in '91 and I have been divorced from her since '93. I have her phone # if anyone is diligent enough to want and call to see if they are still sitting around. I don't have the balls too! Could be a deal if she still has them, I doubt they know the true value, but a decent offer should easily sway them.

----------------

On 5/12/2005 12:30:49 PM Frzninvt wrote:

And to think I let a HK Citation II Preamp and Amp slip through my fingers from my ex father in law. Had no interest at all in the stuff at the time.

He passed away back in '91 and I have been divorced from her since '93. I have her phone # if anyone is diligent enough to want and call to see if they are still sitting around. I don't have the balls too! Could be a deal if she still has them, I doubt they know the true value, but a decent offer should easily sway them.

----------------

Have Gilbert do it! He's a pit bull!6.gif

----------------

On 5/12/2005 5:26:52 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

Jazman,

I have one of those nice HF-86 also. Very sweet tube stereo amp. I may hook it up to my other set of Altecs. Is yours upgraded yet?

C&S
----------------

C&S,

What upgrades are you speaking of? Mine is stock, sounds damn good as it sits. It was gone over not long before I purchased it from a Canadian seller and it met all specs. The only things I would consider for change at present would be speaker binding post and detachable power cord. Those are not high priority items. What are you planning as upgrades?

Klipsch out.

I guess by "upgrades" I meant that at least the stock value parts were all good and safe not necessarily modified, but I guess if it is already sounding good and was gone over already, it is cool. I think I had to fix a couple of things on the one I got (replaced a couple of caps) and I also put in new improved input jacks so they would be a bit further apart in order to better accomodate modern interconnects, an easy thing to do once you decide to "change" the vintage purity of the thing, which some choose not to mess with. Basically mine is stock also in terms of electronics at this point.

C&S

----------------

On 5/12/2005 7:29:56 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 5/12/2005 5:26:52 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

Jazman,

I have one of those nice HF-86 also. Very sweet tube stereo amp. I may hook it up to my other set of Altecs. Is yours upgraded yet?

C&S
----------------

C&S,

What upgrades are you speaking of? Mine is stock, sounds damn good as it sits. It was gone over not long before I purchased it from a Canadian seller and it met all specs. The only things I would consider for change at present would be speaker binding post and detachable power cord. Those are not high priority items. What are you planning as upgrades?

Klipsch out.

----------------