Nice Scott 299-C on EBAY

robster

That is actually a kind of uncommon amplifier its a transition version electrically and layout wise its a 299D but the face plate is marked and still of the same style as a 299C. I'm not sure why Scott did this type of thing. They'd redesign the amplifier make a few and then change the letter designation. I have seen it on 222C's before also they would say 222C but be electrically and layout Identical to a 222D. Don't see many but they do come up now and then.

That baby is pristine I bet at least $500 and Rick could very well be right especially if some collector eye balls it.

Craig

"Hackers" or "Mod Maniacs" Have we been insulted?"

Talkin' 'bout me? Nah, I'm not insulted or am I likely to ever buy a museum piece. I have two of the same type layout model 299Cs as the one there and paid less than 1/2 of what that one will sell for for both of them. One is stock except for OE value coupling caps and some plate resistors. I also provided for individual bias adjustment. The other is a wild mod with triode strapped EL-34s and an extra toriadal filament transformer. It's got the circuit mods recommended by NOS (I bought the parts from Craig) and sounds awesume!

I am indeed a Hacker and a Mod Maniac.3.gif

Rick

----------------

On 5/12/2005 11:19:54 PM NOSValves wrote:

"That baby is pristine I bet at least $500 and Rick could very well be right especially if some collector eye balls it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its already sitting at $500 with 4 days left to go. I'll bet that thing goes for $800. Not that I would pay that much, but you never know what people are going to bid. I had a pair of HBR Heresy's on ebay several years ago and got $825 for them. They were not worth that much to me, but I guess they were to the guy who bought them.

9.gif