What's with the Heresy prices on eBay?

codhead

That's what keeps the economy working, Michael! 2.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Guys here don't buy on eBay for the most part, at least not after having been here a while. Folks here buy from each other, or we buy from Audiogon or craigslist or local papers. We buy from eBay only if it's within driving distance and the price is right. Frankly, it seems to me that all eBay has become good for is a place for us to unload things when we don't want them any more and our community here doesn't want them either.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/18/2005 9:49:53 PM jheis wrote:

On the other hand, a pair of black La Scalas WITH built in Rogers Amps went for $455 within an hour or two of this sale! Go figure...

James

----------------

That was a single La Scala, not a pair

Imagine how much worse I feel for not buying the pair at the pawn shop for $250!! (Doh!) Though, in all fairness a month or so later I got a pair of Cornwalls at a different pawn shop for $225 (4 years ago, still have em!)

P.S. I had bid on that Rogers LaScala- was going to buy a 2nd one later- I bid $400, then raised to $425, couldn't justify paying more than that for just one, plus get wacked with $100 plus shipping to Pennsylvania. I AM on the lookout for a pair of Cornwalls though- WTB ASAP.

-Jon

----------------

On 5/18/2005 7:04:09 AM SickPuppy wrote:

I should have bought that pair at the pawn shop for $350, huh?

----------------

I never thought of that, it could have been, I did have a hard time believing someone could be that stupid to pay that much for 20+ year old speakers. It's making a little more sense now. At one time I thought maybe it was a Klipsch forum member that read this thread and just started to feel real stupid and changed his mind and would not pay for the speakers, but I don't know anyone that stupid that knows how to turn on a computer.9.gif

It had to have been a shill, I smelt it from the start. And he's doing it again, 2 bids and already at $400..... Bogus, bogus, bogus.... I've been watching Heresy's for a few years now, and have never seen regular joe-shmoe Heresy's bring that kind of bidding so early on in the aution. PURE BS.