Another fine seller on eBay - Heresy "good working condition"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/19/2005 12:43:58 PM Corvette6769 wrote:

How can these be in good working condition if the speakers are missing from the cabinets?

----------------

Geeeze, picky, picky, picky. 9.gif

now everyone knows these speakers were built in bunchs back then, an the drivers were pulled out of bins, an what ever was in those bins is what was installed, an some didn't get any drivers at all, an the remaining slot is not for a CD, but an 8track craig hump mount powerplay unit an a kraco 25 watt amp, an avialable at zodys or whitefront, this is the combination that brought jensen triaxles, mounted in empty black hightop converse shoe boxes to their knees

----------------

On 5/23/2005 4:57:51 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

go ahead Timmi, Amy can't speak Dutch (or just msg me some good stuff, I have Dutch ancestors) In fact my great-grandfather went by the name 'Dutch'.

Michael

----------------

OK then: This guy is a real 'klootzak', guess what the English equivalent is, although it is not a literal translation. Michael, later on I will send you a sample of the worst or you can make requests, I don't want to contaminate this nice place even further. 2.gif The Dutch are the best (worst?) swearers in the world. 11.gif12.gif16.gif

To get back where it all came from, it really is a pity some people only think about money and don't care about people. I hope his feedback will be thrashed to smithereens. May his karma cause him to sell everything that follows below expected value! 9.gif Tim.

Guest Anonymous

Afternoon-

I did infact win them and I was going to have Bob (BEC)sell me the tweeters and get them in good working order. I even was able to bid on a mint k-55v driver at a great price. Also, I have all the tools to refinish the cabinets. I couldhave had a pair of Heresy I for well less than $400 by the time I was all done. Well, The seller says he is going to re-list the item and I am not liable for the sale due to all the problems he had with the missing components. Basically, I think he just wants more money then he got for them since most Heresy speakers go for well over $450 most of the time on e-bay. I am over it now though because I bid on a pair of Heresy II and they end within a day or so. I will tell you a $180 for those is a pretty good deal all things considered. I am not sure what I am going to do though. Since I no longer want them I don't want to report it to e-bay because I don't want to get stuck with them, but if anyone here was interested in them I will gladly sell and ship (or meet half way to anyone interested depending on the drive) them for the same price I paid. I may even have 1 k-55v driver on my hand in a few days that I won't need, but if anyone is interested in that let me know as well.

Best,

George

• 1 month later...

They are back...well sort of...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786879531

Interestingly enough even though he took the components out of these Heresy cabinets, they mysteriously turned into 1980 Cornwall parts (funny my Cornwalls came with K-33 15" woofers).....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50597&item=5786879316

This guy is a real piece of work. Here are the rest of the components including the "Cornwall" Type E crossovers (Mine came with Type B crossovers).

http://search.ebay.com/klipsch_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsellerZ1QQsassZbamheadQQfsopZ2QQfsooZ2