SET vs. PP

triode

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 5/23/2005 5:40:19 PM aviserated wrote:

In this forum you have three types of people, dick$, a$$holes, and pu$$ies. The pu$$ies are an inch and a half away from being a$$holes.

Yes you may quote me on this one.

----------------

Which one are you?

9.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2005 6:36:35 PM triode wrote:

----------------

In this forum you have three types of people, dick$, a$$holes, and pu$$ies. The pu$$ies are an inch and a half away from being a$$holes.

----------------

Which one are you?

9.gif

----------------

I'm a dick! Most of the time I think with it.

----------------

On 5/23/2005 7:09:16 PM smuttynose wrote:

Parrot,

btw - which amp should i get for my klipsch speakers of such and such a model?

----------------

When you work out what such and such a model is, we might be able to help you...

In this forum you have three types of people, ........

-----------------------------------------------------------

Come to the Pilgrimage sometime and meet some of us in person. You would likely not be so judgmental.

----------------

----------------

and aviserated, you're beyond help... 8.gif

----------------

On 5/23/2005 8:56:30 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

----------------

and aviserated, you're beyond help...
8.gif

----------------

Taint that the truth!

----------------

On 5/23/2005 4:49:07 PM imperfectcircle25 wrote:

I donno why people have to argue about stuff like this, i find it kind of amusing

----------------

"Yeah, why can't everyone simply agree with you?

What kind of an audio forum would it be if the most uninformed opinions were treated with the same regard as those made by experienced people with golden ears? It would be a forum where, when someone asks what amp he should get for his Klipsch speakers of such and such a model, he's told: Use any amp you want to because there is no consensus. Wouldn't be very helpful, would it?

On the other hand, when people argue vigorously, and advocate their personal preferences, formed from experience and facts, then someone searching for an amp has something to mull over instead of some namby-pamby, wishy-washy, don't-want-to-offend-anyone, feel-good, every-choice-is-great, pseudo-advice."

Parrot i think you got the wrong idea I never said everyone should agree with me, i simply said that everyone is entitled to thier opinion and ther is no right or wrong in audio, its all subjective. Something may sound great to one person and sound like crap to another. There is no such thing as the "best" amp. Each type of amp has its good points and bad points and each will work with differant music better than others. Some people just take this stuff a bit to serious. Its just a hobby, people need to calm the F&*K down! Ive seen that most people in here just like to argue that there equipment is the best. Which is fine by me if you have nothing better to do with your life, by all means argue all ya want I donno maybe it makes them feel better about themselves??? I havent really figured it out just yet. I love music and thats the only reason im into this hobby, because a good system lets me enjoy music even more. Im not in it to impress my friends with gadgets or keep up with the Jones's. I have a simple budget minded system that sounds great to me on my music and thats all I care about, if you dont like my choice of amp or cd player or speakers, guess what, I dont care. And to the people who just like to argue, take it somewhere else, there are people here just looking for advice and looking to give good advice they dont need to be hassled with useless argueing, it doesnt help. Some argueing can be good but some in here take it a little to serious. Its fine to argue the benefits of PP vs SET and tube vs SS, but lighten up a little people are never going to agree on this stuff everyone likes a differant sound. happy Listening evryone, sorry for that little rant...lol

We all still are kids. Which explains the:

"My SETs are better than your PPs."

"No they aren't"

"Are too!"

"You don't know nothing"

"I know that you......"

Childish! It's all different, it's all good!

MHO, YMMV, etc.

Rick

A different day, a different amp.