Water Pick? my next human audio upgrade

robster

My Wife uses ear candles on me about every six months. It really works well. The tip that goes into your ear, barely goes in your ear hole. Much less intrusive than a Qtip. It's kind of wild laying there and hearing a flame burning in your ear. Quite noticable when complete; I can hear upper frequencies much better. Try it!1.gif

----------------

On 6/2/2005 3:03:28 PM robster wrote:

I'm off to Walgreens to buy a water pick to clean out 20 years of built up ear wax. I'm hoping that will be a cheapo audio upgrade??

Wishe me luck. Or I could be saying "can you hear me now" and or Say What??

Cheers,

Robert
----------------

Be careful with that waterpick. Before the candle thing, my wife stuck a waterpick in my ear and DID NOT have the steam adjusted to low and I thought the water was going to shoot through my ear and out the other side of my head. VERY PAINFUL TO THE EAR DRUM! USE CAUTION.

D-man, I do that every day in the shower. Doesn't work on heavy producers. I still get a nearly 1/2" plug out of each ear 2-3x a year. I'm not kidding.

No need to spend on the pik, by the way. I use a simple bulb irrigator...like the item used to suck snot out of babies' nose. Just suck up warm water and keep irrigating (carefully) and before long the chunks will be forthcoming. I'm usually a bit dizzy afterwards

"Ear Candle

An ancient healing art of removing ear wax buildup and foreign matter that has accumulated in the ear canals. It is a gentle, relaxing process, which balances energy, as it removes blockages.

Cost: $30 per session"

Geez...The Hippies at the Barter Faire only charged like 5 or ten bucks.

Of course you don't get the sanitary room and conditions, but if you're on acid it really doesn't matter anyway.

My wife decided to perform 'home surgery' on me. She filled a very large plastic syringe with warm, salty water. I lay my head on it's side and she squirted the water up into the ear. It worked. The most enormous lump of wax you've ever seen came out. She nearly vomited. 14.gif

P.S. She kept the wax in a jar. Everytime we have guests, and I get out of line, my wife hauls the exhibit out...

The other have has used the ear candles on me and I thought the did a very good job. I need all the help I can in the hearing department anyway, too many years around jet engines.

I have had a doctor tell me that you should never stick anything in your ear smaller than your elbow. I just have never figured out how to ge MY elbow in MY ear......

I guess that was his point.

Steve

----------------

On 6/3/2005 5:56:13 PM TheEvan wrote:

D-man, I do that every day in the shower. Doesn't work on heavy producers. I still get a nearly 1/2" plug out of each ear 2-3x a year. I'm not kidding.

No need to spend on the pik, by the way. I use a simple bulb irrigator...like the item used to suck snot out of babies' nose. Just suck up warm water and keep irrigating (carefully) and before long the chunks will be forthcoming. I'm usually a bit dizzy afterwards

----------------

Good Lord, THAT'S DISGUSTING! But roger on the bulb irrigator, I have one too - FOR DESOLDERING!

just kidding, for my ears...

DM2.gif