obsessive???

r.cherry

"If you react correctly, she will not put anything on your speakers. Just reach for your 9mm to give her a couple of caps in the ***. It is a rough way to teach someone, but they learn quick!"

Why waste bullets on your wife? Just walk up and jack 'er right in the mouth! "Get yer sh*t off my speakers, b*tch!"

"Now get up and get me a beer!"

------------------------

You guys are hard core! 9.gif

I had Klipsch speakers when my wife met me 19+ years ago. She never complained when I upgraded to Cornwalls, and when I upgraded to Khorns, she only asked if she could put a few things on top. I'll take that compromise 1.gif.

Thanks for all the great ideas. Glass tops will be ordered today. We compromised, if she keeps all liquids, potential liquids, and things that require liquids off the speakers i will fight the urge to get a Harley. now i kinda hope to find a plant up there11.gif

I have a sub cabinet that has had glass on it since it was new about 23 years ago. No spacers under it either. There has never been a problem with moisture under the glass. The wife has it next to her chair in the HT room and puts glasses, plates, wrapers etc on it all the time with no ill effects. She DOES use coasters under the glasses but there have been many times there was nothing at all under the glasses.

I wish the old owner of my Cornwalls had put glass on them. They are nearly perfect except for the tops that have marks from lamps and plants. Oh BTW, if you do not know how to remove water stains ect from wood, DO NOT EXPERIMENT ON YOUR SPEAKERS! The first owner of the Cornwalls did and now there are two spots the size of fifty cent pieces on one of them where he SANDED CROSS GRAIN WITH SOMETHING LIKE 60 GRIT SANDPAPER!!! Leave the marks alone and let someone who knows what to do fix them!

----------------

On 6/5/2005 8:24:37 PM Seadog wrote:

My wife has silk ferns on my Khorns. I really don't care, except she routes the fake vines so that they dangle in front of the tweeter and mid horns. I move them off to the sides and when I'm not looking, she moves them back.
7.gif

----------------

You're overthinking it -- I can solve this problem in one word.

"Scissors."